Task executes only once

Deepesh Chaudhary

Oct 10, 2017, 3:22:27 AM10/10/17
to Tasker - Developers
Hello All

I have a tasker event and action plugin which reacts to or publishes MQTT messages. The users can create events for arrived messages. Such that whenever a message arrives and the configured condition is met, the event gets fired.

Now, one of the users has pointed out that if an event is fired and it takes a lot of time for the task assigned to that event to complete and at the same time if another event is fired, the new event will be ignored.

I tried simulating this by creating an event which fires whenever the screen is unlocked. In the task I added a toast, a 10s delay, a beep. Then I unlock my screen multiple time within that 10 second time frame but the task is executed only once.

Are we doing something wrong? Or is it not possible to achieve via tasker. Is there a workaround for this?

Cheers!
Deepesh