Best way to call/run tasks from own app

egm...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2015, 7:20:29 AM2/10/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
Hi together,

I am developing an App and from that App I want to call tasks from Tasker, when an event in my App occurred.
Which is the best way to do that? I only want to call/run existing tasks (maybe with parameters).

Thanks
Egmont

Pent

Feb 10, 2015, 7:43:02 AM2/10/15
to task...@googlegroups.com, egm...@gmail.com

I am developing an App and from that App I want to call tasks from Tasker, when an event in my App occurred.
Which is the best way to do that? I only want to call/run existing tasks (maybe with parameters).

egm...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2015, 8:14:13 AM2/10/15
to task...@googlegroups.com, egm...@gmail.com
I have allready read the developer information, but I am a little confused.
On the site http://tasker.dinglisch.net/invoketasks.html you mention, that
Note: it's recommended that the plugin interface is used instead of direct access wherever possible.
but I don't want to create a plugin for Tasker. I only want to invoke a task from Tasker.

So is it better to invoke the tasks via broadcast of intents?

Egmont

Pent

Feb 10, 2015, 8:19:43 AM2/10/15
to task...@googlegroups.com, egm...@gmail.com

I have allready read the developer information, but I am a little confused.
On the site http://tasker.dinglisch.net/invoketasks.html you mention, that
Note: it's recommended that the plugin interface is used instead of direct access wherever possible.
but I don't want to create a plugin for Tasker. I only want to invoke a task from Tasker.

Don't you want the user to be able to pick the task, and be able to combine your event with other
conditions ?

So is it better to invoke the tasks via broadcast of intents?

I can't think of any circumstances where it is, but I don't know what your app is doing.

Pent