Use Tasker variables in Edit Acitivity

ch...@oxfordshul.com

Mar 18, 2015, 3:31:35 PM3/18/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to use variables set previously in a task in the Edit Activity of my plugin?

João Dias

Mar 19, 2015, 6:49:44 AM3/19/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
yes it is.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 7:31 PM, <ch...@oxfordshul.com> wrote:
Is it possible to use variables set previously in a task in the Edit Activity of my plugin?

Chaim C

Mar 19, 2015, 7:08:50 AM3/19/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
How?

João Dias

Mar 19, 2015, 7:09:36 AM3/19/15
to task...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Chaim C <ch...@oxfordshul.com> wrote:
How?

Chaim C

Mar 19, 2015, 8:40:00 AM3/19/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
I've read that thoroughly but I don't think it answers my question. Let me try clarify my question: I already know how to set variables when the action is run.

My question is let's say someone sets a variable %test in their task and after that calls my plugin. Is it possible to get the value of %test in my Edit Activity (i.e. The part of the plugin where the user configures plugin settings).

I know you can do this in the broadcast receiver (when the action is run/fired) by telling Tasker to filter a specific variable in your bundle.

João Dias

Mar 19, 2015, 8:41:40 AM3/19/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I don't think you'll get the value in the activity, sorry for misunderstanding. You get the automatically replaced text when the action is fired though :)

John Doe

Mar 19, 2015, 12:57:57 PM3/19/15
to task...@googlegroups.com

Chaim C

Mar 19, 2015, 2:24:58 PM3/19/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
Yeah my question was originally kind of vague.

Chaim C

Mar 19, 2015, 2:26:36 PM3/19/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
Does that mean it's not possible? I want to use it to get built in variables like %LOL etc.

Chaim C

Mar 19, 2015, 2:27:02 PM3/19/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
Oops I meant %LOC

Abhishek Kapoor

Jun 11, 2016, 6:47:51 PM6/11/16
to Tasker - Developers
were you able to solve it ?
I am playing around toast example and wanted the same functionality. That is when I user enters %DAYW in toast action activity it should be replaced by current day....
in tasker Flash action can replace the variable to actual value.
I am able to do that in toast plugin at the moment. Any pointers would be appreciated