Re: Voice control of Tasker or Tasker-like Apps.

João Dias

Mar 6, 2015, 5:05:36 AM3/6/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
You mean something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRLt9-OHbls

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 9:56 AM, Pent <crafty...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please post in the appropriate forum, see blurb at top.

Also: AutoInput was previously suggested...

Pent

Andy Jenkinson

Mar 6, 2015, 6:37:54 AM3/6/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Joao but NO!
I want to control TASKER by voice not a different APP such as YouTube i.e. Tasker + AutoVoice to control Tasker not Tasker + AutoVoice to control something else. I can't use AutoInput as I can't bring up another Tasker screen while I am IN Tasker and being in a Plugin IS being in Tasker.

I am using Tasker as a development tool (I thought that was what it was). I'm asking about INTERFACING with Tasker. Sorry, Pent, do I have to register somewhere as a developer to post here? I really, really don't understand.

Regards,

Andy

João Dias

Mar 6, 2015, 6:47:04 AM3/6/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
You can interact with Tasker too :) You just need to check the "Is Tasker action" option under advanced in the "AutoInput Action" TAsker action and you're good to go!

Andy Jenkinson

Mar 6, 2015, 7:43:23 AM3/6/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again Joao.

I see where I was going wrong. I was trying to jump into Tasker from an Autovoice command rather than using Autovoice to start the Tasker App. Stupid of me.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Jenkinson

Mar 7, 2015, 4:23:02 AM3/7/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joao,
Either we are talking at cross purposes or I'm missing something. I can, of course, use Autovoice and Autoinput to tap on a Tasker screen. What I am unable to do is easily find WHERE to tap. As an example, I want to tap on "Tasks" on Tasker's main screen. I go into Tasker, set Autrovoice received and then AutoInput as a task. I cannot see the main Tasker screen and cannot user AutoInput to help find the co-ordinates because I am on the AutoInput screen. If I try to go to Tasker's main screen to find the co-ordinates I cannot as I cannot move away from the Autoinput screen. Am I doing something wrong? I so can you put me right, please?

I THINK I need to invoke AutoInput from outside Tasker or use AutoInput in Tasker on a Tasker alternative. OR I need a Tasker clone.

I can work out the approximate co-ordinates by going into Android Settings, selecting Developer Options and  Show Touch Data but that is inaccurate, takes time and I would have to write down every object's co-ordinates.

Regards,

Andy

João Dias

Mar 9, 2015, 7:57:30 AM3/9/15
to task...@googlegroups.com
Ok, check out this profile: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9787157/Tasker/Tap_Text.prf.xml

If you import that into Tasker and then back out of Tasker (to save) you'll be able to say "tap whatever" and AutoInput will tap "whatever" :)
So, for example, if you're in Tasker and say "Tap Tasks" it will tap "Tasks".

Hope this helps!

Andy Jenkinson

Mar 11, 2015, 8:18:15 AM3/11/15
to task...@googlegroups.com