Tasker action plugin - parameter not passed

ilker...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2017, 11:01:30 AM11/5/17
to Tasker - Developers
Hi,

I am trying to integrate my app with Tasker.
So I took the example toast and modified it so that tasker would pass a string to my app.
It works. If I put a normal string to the tasker action the string reaches my app through the FireReceiver.
But I want to use a parameter in the action. FOr example a parameter named %VOICE which is available from the previous tasker action.
But this parameter reaches my app (FireReceiver) as "%VOICE" So the value of the variable VOICE is not passed.
Why ? How should I modify the EditActivity or FireReceiver to pass the value of the variable ?

Thanks.

Pent

Nov 6, 2017, 5:27:04 AM11/6/17
to Tasker - Developers

> I am trying to integrate my app with Tasker.

Could you briefly describe what you are trying to achieve with your plugin ?

So I took the example toast and modified it so that tasker would pass a string to my app.
It works. If I put a normal string to the tasker action the string reaches my app through the FireReceiver.

Could you paste here the extra code you are using in your plugin to achieve that, in EditActivity
and FireReceiver ?

Thanks,

Pent