Behaviour I don't understand, odd entries in Run Log

Oliver G. Parker

Jun 24, 2017, 9:20:41 AM6/24/17
to Tasker
Hi,

Tasker is doing some odd things for me. I have profiles which seem to be triggered for no apparent reason and, looking in the Run Log, find that there are some entries which I don't understand.

The main problem is a profile that is meant to trigger when I move into (or out of) a 'Safe Place'. If WiFi connects to one of a few known networks (home, friends house etc) then a variable called %Safe Place is set to equal 1, and this is then set back to 0 when the WiFi is no longer connected. There is a profile that is triggered by the variable %SafePlace which looks like this;

<TaskerData sr="" dvi="1" tv="4.9u4m">
<Profile sr="prof32" ve="2">
<cdate>1491390669668</cdate>
<edate>1498309773664</edate>
<id>32</id>
<mid0>2</mid0>
<mid1>7</mid1>
<nme>When SafePlace=1</nme>
<State sr="con0" ve="2">
<code>165</code>
<ConditionList sr="if">
<Condition sr="c0" ve="3">
<lhs>%SafePlace</lhs>
<op>0</op>
<rhs>1</rhs>
</Condition>
</ConditionList>
</State>
</Profile>
<Task sr="task2">
<cdate>1476300556505</cdate>
<edate>1498309735229</edate>
<id>2</id>
<nme>In Safe Place</nme>
<pri>100</pri>
<Action sr="act0" ve="7">
<code>130</code>
<Str sr="arg0" ve="3">Long Lock Screen Timeout</Str>
<Int sr="arg1">
<var>%priority</var>
</Int>
<Str sr="arg2" ve="3"/>
<Str sr="arg3" ve="3"/>
<Str sr="arg4" ve="3"/>
<Int sr="arg5" val="0"/>
</Action>
<Action sr="act1" ve="7">
<code>130</code>
<Str sr="arg0" ve="3">Data Off</Str>
<Int sr="arg1">
<var>%priority</var>
</Int>
<Str sr="arg2" ve="3"/>
<Str sr="arg3" ve="3"/>
<Str sr="arg4" ve="3"/>
<Int sr="arg5" val="0"/>
</Action>
<Action sr="act2" ve="7">
<code>304</code>
<Int sr="arg0" val="3"/>
<Int sr="arg1" val="0"/>
<Int sr="arg2" val="0"/>
</Action>
<Action sr="act3" ve="7">
<code>305</code>
<Int sr="arg0" val="3"/>
<Int sr="arg1" val="0"/>
<Int sr="arg2" val="0"/>
</Action>
<Action sr="act4" ve="7">
<code>735</code>
<Int sr="arg0" val="0"/>
</Action>
</Task>
<Task sr="task7">
<cdate>1476300688819</cdate>
<edate>1496398566345</edate>
<id>7</id>
<nme>Not In Safe Place</nme>
<pri>1006</pri>
<Action sr="act0" ve="7">
<code>130</code>
<Str sr="arg0" ve="3">Short Lock Screen Timeout</Str>
<Int sr="arg1">
<var>%priority</var>
</Int>
<Str sr="arg2" ve="3"/>
<Str sr="arg3" ve="3"/>
<Str sr="arg4" ve="3"/>
<Int sr="arg5" val="0"/>
</Action>
<Action sr="act1" ve="7">
<code>30</code>
<Int sr="arg0" val="0"/>
<Int sr="arg1" val="5"/>
<Int sr="arg2" val="0"/>
<Int sr="arg3" val="0"/>
<Int sr="arg4" val="0"/>
</Action>
<Action sr="act2" ve="7">
<code>130</code>
<Str sr="arg0" ve="3">CALL Make Data Mobile</Str>
<Int sr="arg1">
<var>%priority</var>
</Int>
<Str sr="arg2" ve="3"/>
<Str sr="arg3" ve="3"/>
<Str sr="arg4" ve="3"/>
<Int sr="arg5" val="0"/>
</Action>
<Action sr="act3" ve="7">
<code>130</code>
<Str sr="arg0" ve="3">Loud</Str>
<Int sr="arg1">
<var>%priority</var>
</Int>
<Str sr="arg2" ve="3"/>
<Str sr="arg3" ve="3"/>
<Str sr="arg4" ve="3"/>
<Int sr="arg5" val="0"/>
</Action>
<Action sr="act4" ve="7">
<code>735</code>
<Int sr="arg0" val="2"/>
</Action>
<Action sr="act5" ve="7">
<code>1563799945</code>
<Bundle sr="arg0">
<Vals sr="val">
<com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.BLURB>Lock Device/Enable Pattern Lock</com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.BLURB>
<com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.BLURB-type>java.lang.String</com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.BLURB-type>
<com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.ENABLE_PATTERN_LOCK>true</com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.ENABLE_PATTERN_LOCK>
<com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.ENABLE_PATTERN_LOCK-type>java.lang.Boolean</com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.ENABLE_PATTERN_LOCK-type>
<com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.SETTING>force_lock</com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.SETTING>
<com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.SETTING-type>java.lang.String</com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.SETTING-type>
<com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB>Lock Device/Enable Pattern Lock</com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB>
<com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB-type>java.lang.String</com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB-type>
<net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled>true</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled>
<net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled-type>java.lang.Boolean</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled-type>
</Vals>
</Bundle>
<Str sr="arg1" ve="3">com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin</Str>
<Str sr="arg2" ve="3">com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.Activities.TabsActivity</Str>
<Int sr="arg3" val="0"/>
</Action>
</Task>
</TaskerData>

(An aside: that looks like a lot of XML for a smallish profile. Why is it so long?)

The problem I have is that sometimes it seems to trigger the %SafePlace = 0 condition while I am still at home, leading to a loud ringer volume and short lock screen timeout. It did this yesterday when I was at home all day, the WiFi was connected all day long and yet it still had a loud ringer volume and short lock screen timeout by the end of the day. The Run Log for the day is attached to this message. I can see some odd things in it which I don't understand, such as this;

20170623 14.48.45 A OK       ID-180:21.1 Anon.Ringer Volume
20170623 14.48.45 T ExitOK   ID-180:21 System

Can anyone help me understand what is happening?

Thanks,

Oli.
runlog.txt

Duck Redbeard

Jun 24, 2017, 12:09:35 PM6/24/17
to Tasker
In your WiFi settings, do you have "Keep WiFi on during sleep" set to Always?

Oliver G. Parker

Jun 24, 2017, 3:24:36 PM6/24/17
to Tasker
Duck Redbeard,

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't know there was such a setting but, having checked and found it, I found that 'Keep WiFi On During Sleep' is indeed set to 'Always'.

Is there a better setting I could use? Logic tells me that 'Always' is what I want as the variable %SafePlace being 1 is reliant on WiFi being on and connected.

Thanks again,

Oli.