Get Voice reconized issues

Durnt

Aug 27, 2016, 3:11:13 AM8/27/16
to Tasker
I'm not sure when this happened but I've been unable to use "Get Voice" to work properly with the Media volume turned up.

Examples:
1) If I have Media volume = 0 then I run Get voice, there are no issues.
2) If I have Media volume = 15 (or other high-ish number), then when I run Get Voice, I get a message stating "Didn't catch that, try speaking again".
3) If I have Media volume = 15 (or other high-ish number), I cover the speaker with my hand, then run Get Voice, it works just fine.

Basically the beep noise that occurs when using Get Voice then triggers a failed recognize. If the volume is too low to get picked up, then there is no issue. Is there any way to fix this?

Jonathan S

Sep 14, 2016, 8:45:36 PM9/14/16
to Tasker
The only way I've found to fix this is for every instance where you use the Get Voice action you need to insert the action Media Volume before and after Get Voice, taking it to 0 before and back up after.

Kurt Kaufman

Sep 15, 2016, 5:30:32 PM9/15/16
to Tasker
Thanks for bringing this up and providing a workaround. I was wondering why my voice capture was failing so frequently. I will try the suggestion myself and report back.