Tasker is slow after only 1 week

Profajl Nejm

Nov 30, 2016, 10:53:08 AM11/30/16
to Tasker
1 week after getting a new tablet and restoring my Tasker config, my scenes and tasks are often very slow.

It was the same with the old one. (I accidentally mega-bricked it, so I got a new one. it's a Lenovo TAB3 710F.)

One very specific lag is confusing the hell out of me. I have a sceneA(overlay blocking) which contains a button that shows another sceneB (overlay blocking). When I close the sceneB that's topmost, the scene A underneath sometimes disappears for 5-10 seconds before it shows up again, even tho I never hid it in the first place.

I don't have much bloat on my tablet at all, save for a few services that I'm a bit unsure if they are safe to disable. I'm using Stock ROM, rooted thru TWRP, TWRP recovery and .the old TAB3 was stock rom, rooted thru KingoRoot, stock recovery.

Anyone had a similar problem or know what it is?

My-kl

Nov 30, 2016, 5:59:05 PM11/30/16
to Tasker
Last time I upgraded my phone I had trouble with scenes taking 30 seconds or more to show. It turned out I had two contexts trying to show the same scene at the same time (eg. when %WIN ~ Home and another when returning to the launcher home screen). It didn't cause problems on the S3 but did on the S5, but as with a few other bugs that occurred - THEY DIDN'T SHOW UP FOR DAYS OR WEEKS!

Another potential problem is not having hide/show and create/destroy scene matched properly.

Have you checked the run log?

skrïbb

Dec 1, 2016, 7:22:24 AM12/1/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I don't have any profiles governing the opening or closing of my scenes. sceneA is opened via home screen shortcut. SceneB is opened from within sceneA via button tap.

I don't think I've checkd the run log actually. I should do that.

PM

Message has been deleted

Profajl Nejm

Dec 2, 2016, 8:39:04 AM12/2/16
to Tasker
Also, when I run the shell command "input tap" it can sometimes take 5-10 seconds too.

My-kl

Dec 2, 2016, 8:47:03 AM12/2/16
to Tasker
I don't know. On Lollipop the interval between taps was about 1 second, on MM it's about 1.5 seconds. I haven't got a clue what could be wrong with yours. Is there any chance something is stuck in a loop? Like TaskA runs TaskB and TaskB runs TaskA. I did that the other day. I felt so stupid!

Profajl Nejm

Dec 2, 2016, 2:18:38 PM12/2/16
to Tasker
I'm sure there is a high probability of something similar going on. Altho it's hard to pinpoint what could be the culprit. I think I'll try redesigning the tasks...