HELP: Trigger script on incoming call > write call details to log file? Possible?

Ryan Wells

Oct 17, 2017, 2:15:26 AM10/17/17
to Tasker

Hi there,

Is there anyway I can trigger an email or, ideally writing a file, when an incoming call comes and write the call information?.

The user case is:

+ New call

+ Write caller number to cloud based file service.

---

I want to then parse that file on a PC and do some other actions to it.

Many thanks

Sean Williams

Oct 17, 2017, 6:26:41 AM10/17/17
to Tasker
Hi Ryan,

Is there anyway I can trigger an email or, ideally writing a file, when an incoming call comes and write the call information?.

Yes this is possible with Tasker.

+ New call

There are a number of phone/call states/events that can detect a incoming call. Also check out the variables page of the user guide,

'Call Name / Number/ Date / Time (In) (dynamic, monitored)
%CNAME / %CNUM / %CDATE / %CTIME'

+ Write caller number to cloud based file service.

A number of options here most utilised seems to be writing to a file and using a service such as Dropbox to sync to pc.

There is also a Tasker plugin for Google spreadsheets that you might find useful.