Any Info On Integration With Google Home?

Ricky Dos Santos

Oct 30, 2016, 11:00:37 AM10/30/16
to Tasker
I can't seem to find any integration news of Tasker with Google Home. This is something I would really love to see and hope will be something available close to launch of Google Home. Anyone have anything?

Abdullah Alahdal

Oct 30, 2016, 11:27:01 AM10/30/16
to Tasker
Joao, the developer of AutoApps is waiting for the API to be available to make a new plugin for Google Home.

What I notice that Pent (Developer of Tasker) is focusing only to control your device itself not other equipment otherwise you need to always look for plugin.

Ricky Dos Santos

Oct 30, 2016, 12:18:46 PM10/30/16
to Tasker
That's good to hear! That's really the thing I'm most excited about. Looking forward to it.

joaomgcd

Nov 14, 2016, 11:10:16 AM11/14/16
to Tasker
You can actually already do stuff with Tasker :) Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTB6l-L-z3I

Ricky Dos Santos

Nov 16, 2016, 8:47:03 PM11/16/16
to Tasker
Nice! What I'm looking for though is integration with "Google Home". That's the microphone/speaker device they just released for home automation. The problem I have had with Tasker is that I can't connect it to any external microphone I can place around my home. I still use Tasker, but I have implemented it with VoxCommando which is my primary automation tool because it allows me to use speakers around my home (no phone required). The problem with VoxCommando is that it is Microsoft Voice Recognition. So it's not the greatest. What I would love to see is the ability to use Tasker with Google Home. That would just kill everything!

Ricky Dos Santos

Nov 16, 2016, 8:49:18 PM11/16/16
to Tasker
Also, if I can use Tasker with Google Home I could still use VoxCommando which is great for automating PC type stuff. Tasker would be the frigen golden goose if this could happen.

João Dias

Nov 17, 2016, 5:05:05 AM11/17/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
But you can use Tasker with Google Home :) I was using the assistant on my phone in the video but the exact same thing works on Google Home. Check here for a tutorial: http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/integrate-google-assistant-with-tasker-using-join-ifttt.206/

Hope this helps!

Ricky Dos Santos

Nov 17, 2016, 9:38:42 AM11/17/16
to Tasker
Oh cool! I'll have to try this out once I get my Google Home. I just browsed through that link quickly because I'm just getting ready for work, but I'm wondering when used with Google Home, would I still be able to give the same 'style'of commands as I do on my phone with Tasker? Got example, on my phone I just say, "computer (my activationt/prefix word), turn on the lights." And my lights then turn on. But when used with something like Amazon's Alexa and incorporating it with IFTTT, you can't just give a command like that. You have to actually say the name of the device you want to use, for example, "Alexa, Hue Lights, turn on lights." It doesn't feel right saying commands like that.

João Dias

Nov 17, 2016, 10:18:50 AM11/17/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
You can use any command you want.

For example, right now on my Home I can say "Hey google time for bed" and it'll turn off all my lights :)

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Ricky Dos Santos <rick...@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh cool! I'll have to try this out once I get my Google Home. I just browsed through that link quickly because I'm just getting ready for work, but I'm wondering when used with Google Home, would I still be able to give the same 'style'of commands as I do on my phone with Tasker? Got example, on my phone I just say, "computer (my activationt/prefix word), turn on the lights." And my lights then turn on. But when used with something like Amazon's Alexa and incorporating it with IFTTT, you can't just give a command like that. You have to actually say the name of the device you want to use, for example, "Alexa, Hue Lights, turn on lights." It doesn't feel right saying commands like that.

Ricky Dos Santos

Nov 17, 2016, 10:58:32 AM11/17/16
to Tasker
Joao, you're bloody amazing.

João Dias

Nov 17, 2016, 11:04:43 AM11/17/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
;)

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 3:58 PM, Ricky Dos Santos <rick...@gmail.com> wrote:
Joao, you're bloody amazing.

Ricky Dos Santos

Dec 3, 2016, 8:28:40 AM12/3/16
to Tasker
So I was going to dive into my new Google Home today and implement it with Tasker. Qiestion,though. Can I change the command phrase somehow? Basically, I would prefer not to say "Okay Google."

Rich D

Dec 4, 2016, 8:33:28 AM12/4/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

 Basically, I would prefer not to say "Okay Google."

I am sure alot of people would pay for the option to say anything but that stupid egotistical phrase.

What the hell were they thinking (or not thinking....)  Talking to a device  is awkward enough, but addressing a corporation is just plain stupid... IMHO

hollywoodfrodo

Dec 5, 2016, 10:39:54 AM12/5/16
to Tasker
Agreed - I'm sure Google is hearing that from pretty much everyone.  Very annoying it didn't come with that ability out of the gate, but my guess is that they will soon allow either custom phrases or at least an optional 2-3 phrases.  I would like to have different phrases between Google Home and my phone/tablets because I want to be able to choose which one I want to respond based on the situation.

hollywoodfrodo

Dec 5, 2016, 10:48:11 AM12/5/16
to Tasker
Joao - I'm hoping once Google releases the API for Google Home, you can integrate more directly possibly via an AutoRemote addition or something.  IFTTT works, but it'snot perfect - there is often slight lag depending on their server and the internet in general.  Would be great to be able to use Google Home to control things on my phone directly via an AutoApps plugin made to work directly with Google Home.

João Dias

Dec 5, 2016, 10:49:45 AM12/5/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Most likely, when they do release an API it'll still be cloud base, so I'm guessing that the delay will be about the same. Let's hope not though :)

Rich D

Dec 5, 2016, 12:47:47 PM12/5/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

 I would like to have different phrases between Google Home and my phone/tablets because I want to be able to choose which one I want to respond based on the situation.

You would have thought those geniuses at Google would have for seen that situation..

Most likely to big of a rush playing catch up and wanting even more people chanting to the almighty Google....   :/

Elizabeth Ellis

Dec 20, 2016, 1:27:54 AM12/20/16
to Tasker
You can have different phrases trigger different tasks and have all of those phrases be from google home command. with tasker. you'll just have to specify the device in your profile or task somewhere.
plus with api.ai, you shouldn't have a problem setting that up. lots of options

Pent

Dec 20, 2016, 3:48:03 AM12/20/16
to Tasker

 Basically, I would prefer not to say "Okay Google."

I am sure alot of people would pay for the option to say anything but that stupid egotistical phrase.

What the hell were they thinking (or not thinking....)  Talking to a device  is awkward enough, but addressing a corporation is just plain stupid... IMHO

It probably it has some wave characteristics that are easy to pick up
and what could be better advertising than people shouting their
company name all the time :-)

Personally I am aghast that people walk around in public blithely repeating this
phrase, they apparently have no awareness of the pray-to-corporate-overlord
undertones.

Pent

Rich D

Dec 20, 2016, 5:35:16 AM12/20/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

It probably it has some wave characteristics that are easy to pick up
and what could be better advertising than people shouting their
company name all the time :-)

Personally I am aghast that people walk around in public blithely repeating this
phrase, they apparently have no awareness of the pray-to-corporate-overlord
undertones.

Well Stated. My point exactly...

 I am just curios as to what there trigger phrase will be next halloween that turns everyone into mindless zombies killing anything in there path. Perhaps,

Ok, Stupid         :)

Rich D

Dec 20, 2016, 6:03:46 AM12/20/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

Ha....  as you can see by my last post they already have me brainwashed into believing I do not need to check for typos because "Their" auto correct works so well....   :)