Trying to switch off at night

Andrea De Togni

Oct 21, 2016, 11:00:18 AM10/21/16
to Tasker
Hi just switched from LLama to Tasker with the hope to have better functionalities...but at the moment I'm just getting mad with the application.

In LLama I had a profile:
"when at home AND connected to power AND it's after 00:05 in the morning set airplane mode on" (phone is rooted and I have secure settings to do that).

So I replicated the Profile as
- WiFi near -> my home SSID
- Power anything
- Hour from 00:05 to 7:00

If these are met -> switch airplane mode

However it does not really happen. It seems that if I plugin the phone at 00:04 and then came 00:05 it works, but if I plug it in AFTER 00:05
it's not activated.

What I want to do is to switch airplane whenever i plug it in anytime after 00:05 (or at 00:05 if I plug it in before that time)

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks

Abdullah Alahdal

Oct 21, 2016, 11:43:36 AM10/21/16
to Tasker
If you share the profile description, it would help. You need to disable beginner mode in the preferences then select the profile and click on the three dots at the right corner to export description to clipboard then paste it here.

Abdullah Alahdal

Oct 21, 2016, 11:45:33 AM10/21/16
to Tasker
One more thing, you need to wait for around 2-4 minutes if you arrive home after 00:05 and immediately plugged in your mobile. This time is required for Near WiFi to be active.

Brad Minion

Oct 21, 2016, 11:48:59 AM10/21/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Is your phone asleep when you do this? I ask because the default time between wifi near scans is 2 minutes when awake and 10 minutes when asleep. Could it be you're not waiting long enough? Also, if you connect to that wifi it would probably be better to use wifi connected rather than wifi near. When you look at the profile, as the items activate they will turn green. That should tell you which one isn't activating and might help with debugging.

Message has been deleted

Andrea De Togni

Oct 23, 2016, 7:52:36 AM10/23/16
to Tasker
hi Braid

sometimes is asleep, sometimes I just connect it while it's off.

Your explaination makes sense, even if I don't get then why on LLama it was always immediate.

I'll switch to wifi connected instead of wifi near and see if it works.

Thanks
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tasker+un...@googlegroups.com.

Andrea De Togni

Oct 23, 2016, 7:55:34 AM10/23/16
to Tasker
Here is the xml
<TaskerData sr="" dvi="1" tv="4.8u5m">
<Profile sr="prof27" ve="2">
<cdate>1476376898568</cdate>
<edate>1477223588653</edate>
<flags>8</flags>
<id>27</id>
<mid0>25</mid0>
<nme>A Casa, Collegato</nme>
<Time sr="con0">
<fh>0</fh>
<fm>5</fm>
<th>7</th>
<tm>0</tm>
</Time>
<State sr="con1" ve="2">
<code>10</code>
<Int sr="arg0" val="0"/>
</State>
<State sr="con2" ve="2">
<code>160</code>
<Str sr="arg0" ve="3">QuacciNetwork</Str>
<Str sr="arg1" ve="3"/>
<Str sr="arg2" ve="3"/>
</State>
</Profile>
<Task sr="task25">
<cdate>1476376669192</cdate>
<edate>1477061837984</edate>
<id>25</id>
<nme>Modalità Aereo</nme>
<Action sr="act0" ve="7">
<code>1563799945</code>
<Bundle sr="arg0">
<Vals sr="val">
<com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.BLURB>Airplane Mode Enabled</com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.BLURB>
<com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.BLURB-type>java.lang.String</com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.BLURB-type>
<com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.ENABLED>true</com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.ENABLED>
<com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.ENABLED-type>java.lang.Boolean</com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.ENABLED-type>
<com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.SETTING>airplane_mode</com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.SETTING>
<com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.SETTING-type>java.lang.String</com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.extra.SETTING-type>
<com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB>Airplane Mode Enabled</com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB>
<com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB-type>java.lang.String</com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB-type>
<net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled>true</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled>
<net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled-type>java.lang.Boolean</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled-type>
</Vals>
</Bundle>
<Str sr="arg1" ve="3">com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin</Str>
<Str sr="arg2" ve="3">com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin.Activities.TabsActivity</Str>
<Int sr="arg3" val="0"/>
</Action>
</Task>
</TaskerData>

Abdullah Alahdal

Oct 23, 2016, 8:26:25 AM10/23/16
to Tasker
Here is the xml

You need to export description not XML.

One more thing, If I am not wrong, using WiFI near and WiFi connected to switch on Airplane, will end up with a loop because Airplane mode will switch off WiFi then WiFi then profile will exit, then WiFi will get connected (in case you have a profile to switch on WiFi when near wifi. (I am confused).

I have almost same profile, but what I have done to make this works fine, use secure settings to change Airplane Mode Radios and exclude WiFi do this change while Airplane is Off.

Andrea De Togni

Oct 23, 2016, 12:30:07 PM10/23/16
to Tasker
Profilo: A Casa, Collegato (27)
Restore: no
Ora: Da 00:05 Fino 07:00
Stato: Power [ Fonte:Qualunque ]
Stato: WIFI collegato [ SSID:QuacciNetwork MAC:* IP:* ]
Avvio: Modalità Aereo (25)
A1: Secure Settings [ Configurazione:Airplane Mode Enabled Timeout (Secondi):0 ]

QuacciNetwork is my wifi ssid

Abdullah Alahdal

Oct 23, 2016, 12:34:47 PM10/23/16
to Tasker
With this, it should work without any problem.

Andrea De Togni

Oct 24, 2016, 7:06:05 AM10/24/16
to Tasker
It seem to have worked tonight, when I connected BEFORE 00:05 and i heard the smartwatch disconnecting

I'll keep this monitored, thanks for now