Change BT profile configuration-smartwatch

tekfr33kn

Aug 21, 2017, 7:53:29 AM8/21/17
to Tasker
This is an issue I haven't found any good answers to in any forum yet. I'm trying to use Tasker to change the configuration of a specific BT device profile based on connection status.

I have a smartwatch with mic and speaker. I've also have a BT dongle for my car which goes in the AUX input. Before I had the smartwatch, the dongle in my car would allow me to receive calls through my car's speakers. Now that I have the smartwatch, it's "stolen" the priority for receiving calls and I can't seem to force calls to go back to the dongle when it's connected (Calls only come through the watch). I'm trying to turn off the "Phone Audio" profile setting for my smartwatch when the connection state for the dongle is on. However, I can't find a plug-in that goes into the individual device profile settings. Has anyone else run into this and figured out a solution?

Scott Miller

Aug 21, 2017, 8:35:06 AM8/21/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I don't use my watch for phone calls, so I have that turned off in the watch. I do, however, use a Bluetooth earpiece in a similar fashion to what you are describing. I use Bluetooth Auto Connect to change the state of my Bluetooth devices. It is a standalone app, but it also has a Tasker plugin. It doesn't alter the profile on the device, it actually forces a change in connection. In my case, I continue to use a2dp through the earpiece, but phone calls through the car system. When I get out of the car, I switch it back. Be advised, however, there are some issues with Android that prevent the change from switching quickly, sometimes. I've seen switches within seconds, but also minutes. Don't expect instant. I use the plugin variant. The standalone app might work better.

Scott M