task launches Pandora as side-effect

John Eldredge

Jun 26, 2017, 1:25:05 PM6/26/17
to Tasker

For some reason, which I have not been able to figure out, the task shown in the screenshots launches Pandora, an unwanted side-effect.  The final three steps in the task, 20 - 22. launching and then pausing the default media player, is a work-around I added to pause Pandora, as Tasker can't kill Pandora (it runs partly as a service, and Tasker can't kill services). They aren't the reason Pandora is being launched. I am using version 4.9u4 of Tasker, the current version in the Play Store, on an unrooted LG G5 phone running Android 7.  Can anyone tell me why Pandora is launched every time this task is run?

John Eldredge

Jun 26, 2017, 10:27:54 PM6/26/17
to Tasker
I just installed the Tasker beta 5.0u5, and this Pandora-launching behavior no longer shows up. So, it was evidently a bug in the previous stable version, which has been cured in the beta.

John Eldredge

Jul 8, 2017, 7:26:54 PM7/8/17
to Tasker
I have tracked down the issue. Turning car mode on with Tasker, and subsequently turning car mode off with Tasker, launches Pandora. This bug is also present in the stable version currently in the Play Store.

Duck Redbeard

Jul 9, 2017, 12:18:51 AM7/9/17
to Tasker
But why Pandora specifically?

John Eldredge

Jul 9, 2017, 8:24:36 AM7/9/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
No idea, but it is consistent.

On Jul 8, 2017 11:19 PM, "Duck Redbeard" <duckre...@gmail.com> wrote:
But why Pandora specifically?

John Eldredge

Jul 9, 2017, 5:42:05 PM7/9/17
to Tasker
So far, 5.0b6 appears to have solved the Pabdora-launching.