Facing issues while using plugins such as greenify, autoshortcut etc

Saurabh Gadkari

Sep 19, 2016, 9:11:58 AM9/19/16
to Tasker
Hi,

I am not able to use the plugins associated with tasker. I got the same issue while using plugins for Greenify, AutoShortcut
I get an error message  "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped."

Here is the detail of the exception:

android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #17: Binary XML file line #17: Error inflating class <unknown>

at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:543)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:427)
at com.android.settings.l.getView(ActivityPicker.java:308)
at android.widget.AbsListView.obtainView(AbsListView.java:2346)
at android.widget.ListView.measureHeightOfChildren(ListView.java:1281)
at android.widget.ListView.onMeasure(ListView.java:1188)
at android.view.View.measure(View.java:18811)
at android.view.ViewGroup.measureChildWithMargins(ViewGroup.java:5952)
at android.widget.FrameLayout.onMeasure(FrameLayout.java:194)
at android.view.View.measure(View.java:18811)
at android.view.ViewGroup.measureChildWithMargins(ViewGroup.java:5952)
at android.widget.LinearLayout.measureChildBeforeLayout(LinearLayout.java:1465)
at android.widget.LinearLayout.measureVertical(LinearLayout.java:748)
at android.widget.LinearLayout.onMeasure(LinearLayout.java:630)
at android.view.View.measure(View.java:18811)
at android.view.ViewGroup.measureChildWithMargins(ViewGroup.java:5952)
at android.widget.FrameLayout.onMeasure(FrameLayout.java:194)
at android.view.View.measure(View.java:18811)
at android.view.ViewGroup.measureChildWithMargins(ViewGroup.java:5952)
at android.widget.FrameLayout.onMeasure(FrameLayout.java:194)
at android.view.View.measure(View.java:18811)
at android.view.ViewGroup.measureChildWithMargins(ViewGroup.java:5952)
at android.widget.FrameLayout.onMeasure(FrameLayout.java:194)
at com.android.internal.policy.PhoneWindow$DecorView.onMeasure(PhoneWindow.java:2645)
at android.view.View.measure(View.java:18811)
at android.view.ViewRootImpl.performMeasure(ViewRootImpl.java:2143)
at android.view.ViewRootImpl.measureHierarchy(ViewRootImpl.java:1234)
at android.view.ViewRootImpl.performTraversals(ViewRootImpl.java:1495)
at android.view.ViewRootImpl.doTraversal(ViewRootImpl.java:1150)
at android.view.ViewRootImpl$TraversalRunnable.run(ViewRootImpl.java:6061)
at android.view.Choreographer$CallbackRecord.run(Choreographer.java:860)
at android.view.Choreographer.doCallbacks(Choreographer.java:672)
at android.view.Choreographer.doFrame(Choreographer.java:608)
at android.view.Choreographer$FrameDisplayEventReceiver.run(Choreographer.java:846)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5458)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:738)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:628)
Caused by: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #17: Error inflating class <unknown>
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createView(LayoutInflater.java:670)
at com.android.internal.policy.PhoneLayoutInflater.onCreateView(PhoneLayoutInflater.java:58)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.onCreateView(LayoutInflater.java:719)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createViewFromTag(LayoutInflater.java:787)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createViewFromTag(LayoutInflater.java:729)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:496)
... 40 more
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native Method)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createView(LayoutInflater.java:626)
... 45 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Failed to resolve attribute at index 13: TypedValue{t=0x2/d=0x10010046 a=2}
at android.content.res.TypedArray.getDrawable(TypedArray.java:869)
at android.view.View.<init>(View.java:3955)
at com.miui.internal.variable.v21.Android_View_View_class.handle_init_(SourceFile:37)
at android.widget.TextView.<init>(TextView.java:680)
at android.widget.TextView.<init>(TextView.java:674)
at android.widget.TextView.<init>(TextView.java:670)
... 47 more

Pent

Sep 19, 2016, 10:08:39 AM9/19/16
to Tasker
So the log you've pasted is associated with a crash of the Settings app ?
Sorry but it doesn't tell me anything. If Settings can be crashed by an
app, that's a big security flaw on your ROM.

Maybe you have a custom ROM or rooted device ?

In any case, I would try backup data, delete Tasker, restart,
reinstall Tasker, restore data.

Pent

Saurabh Gadkari

Sep 19, 2016, 12:23:14 PM9/19/16
to Tasker
Sorry, I did not provide all the details.
So I am using miui8.. I got this error from inside the Tasker always (while playing with plugins). Please see the screenshot attached. Specifically I was trying to edit the configuration for Greenify plugin.
Screenshot_2016-09-19-17-50-05-319_net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.png

Saurabh Gadkari

Sep 19, 2016, 12:23:52 PM9/19/16
to Tasker
On Monday, 19 September 2016 18:41:58 UTC+5:30, Saurabh Gadkari wrote:
And yes, I am not rooted..

Pent

Sep 19, 2016, 1:08:47 PM9/19/16
to Tasker
Image isn't readable.

Pent

Saurabh Gadkari

Sep 19, 2016, 1:58:15 PM9/19/16
to Tasker
Hi, never mind. I managed to run the Greenify Now activity from the Secure Settings plugin using the Run Activity option. Thanks for your prompt replies. But my issue is not resolved yet.

I have setup the Greenify task when the Display goes off -> wait 10 sec -> Secure settings run activity -> [Greenify Now]

This works well when I run the task using the "play" button in the task but it doesn't work when I lock the screen or display goes off, even though I see that the task ran in the tasker logs!! (screen shot attached)

Can you please provide your inputs here!!

On Monday, 19 September 2016 18:41:58 UTC+5:30, Saurabh Gadkari wrote:
Screenshot_2016-09-19-23-05-35-333_net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.png

Pent

Sep 20, 2016, 3:28:52 AM9/20/16
to Tasker

Hi, never mind. I managed to run the Greenify Now activity from the Secure Settings plugin using the Run Activity option.

I would try and fix the plugin problem instead.

This works well when I run the task using the "play" button in the task but it doesn't work when I lock the screen or display goes off, even though I see that the task ran in the tasker logs!! (screen shot attached)

You would probably need to apply some or all of the stuff mentioned here:

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/userguide/en/androidpowermanagement.html

... to one or all of Tasker, Secure Settings and Greenify.

BTW: you might be able to run the Greenify Now activity with Tasker's Launch App action
(long-click the Greenify icon).

Pent

PeteMacca

Sep 21, 2016, 8:31:36 PM9/21/16
to Tasker
I've also tried to have Tasker run the Greenify's Hibernate Now procedure, but like the OP, it didn't fire. The Task runs fine in Tasker, but if the screen is OFF, Greenify ignores it.

I realize this may be a Greenify issue and no fault of Tasker. I just want to make sure I've covered all bases before giving up.

Here's what I've tried so far, but none have worked:
  • Pent's suggestion to make sure Tasker is set to Run In Foreground.
  • Pent's suggestion to set Battery Optimization to Don't Optimize.
  • Pent's suggestion to run Greenify Hibernate Now activity with Tasker's Launch App action.
  • Run Greenify Hibernate Now with Greenify's Tasker Plugin.
  • Run Greenify Hibernate Now shortcut with Secure Settings Execute Shortcut.
Any other ideas? Thanks!

Pent

Sep 22, 2016, 3:47:23 AM9/22/16
to Tasker
If the Tasker plugin action is shown as running OK, then I would contact the
Greenify dev.

Pent

Saurabh Gadkari

Sep 22, 2016, 6:48:44 AM9/22/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com

What I understood from the issue that if we are using secure lock then Greenify won't work in background when screen goes off and exactly this is what I was trying to achieve which is not possible as pet Greenify Faqs.