Tasker resizing my scenes. Bug or user error?

Zerosi Mazin

Mar 14, 2018, 11:16:46 AM3/14/18
to Tasker
I'm working on a project and configuring Scenes for the specific resolutions my phone supports (720p, 1080p, 1440p). Taskers auto scaling doesn't work well for me since it often makes a Scene too large or unreadably small. So I found the best solution is to create a Scene for each resolution.

I'll create a scene in 720p, then I'll clone and rename it, switch to another resolution, then resize that cloned scene so it looks proper within that particular resolution.

Problem is, after spending time resizing all the elements, buttons, etc, I'll sometimes come back to a Scene and find Tasker completely resized the scene, permanently enlarging  the size of the Scene and all the elements, with no ability to recover other than resizing the Scene all over again.

Is this a bug with Tasker, or am I possibly doing something that triggers a Scene to completely change all the dimensions? Does Locking a Scen possibly prevent this from occurring?

Thanks for any advice.

Rich D

Mar 14, 2018, 12:32:58 PM3/14/18
to Tasker Google Groups Post

Is this a bug with Tasker, or am I possibly doing something that triggers a Scene to completely change all the dimensions

I have certainly noticed some oddities like this when resizing scenes. I had always thought it was tasker changing the sizes automatically to adjust for other dimensions I had changed. I does get frustrating. I never bothered trying to pin anything down to see if any of it made sense. However just for clarity I do not ever remember coming back into a scene for editing and finding the dimensions changed after I had  saved out of tasker to save all data.

Are you saying these scene dimensions change after you have saved the data either with the check mark or backing all the way out of tasker?

Zerosi Mazin

Mar 14, 2018, 12:46:19 PM3/14/18
to Tasker
Yes. After I save a Scene, which are all dialogs, I've come back to the Scene later after working on other Scenes and it was completely resized.

At first, I thought it might occur if I open a Scene made in one resolution, then open it for editing in another resolution, though I don't think that's the issue, especially since it basically resizes the Scene to very large dimension.

Could it be switching resolutions often may corrupt Scenes?

Rich D

Mar 14, 2018, 12:57:57 PM3/14/18
to Tasker Google Groups Post

Yes. After I save a Scene, which are all dialogs, I've come back to the Scene later after working on other Scenes and it was completely resized.

At first, I thought it might occur if I open a Scene made in one resolution, then open it for editing in another resolution, though I don't think that's the issue, especially since it basically resizes the Scene to very large dimension.

Could it be switching resolutions often may corrupt Scenes?

Its been a while so I would have to do some testing but If I recall correctly tasker will resize a scene when it is imported on a different device with different display dimensions. Could that be part of the issue ?

Zerosi Mazin

Mar 14, 2018, 1:05:33 PM3/14/18
to Tasker

I'm not importing/exporting it to different devices. I'm resizing Scenes to look the same size when switching to a different resolution on my phone. My phone is a Note5 that can display in 3 different resolutions, 720p, 1080p, and 1440p.

Rich D

Mar 14, 2018, 2:36:54 PM3/14/18

--
'
Sorry I was  not clear, I meant perhaps tasker is seeing the  different resolution  as a different device and trying to resize accordingly.  Just a guess but maybe you did not close  tasker before switching resolutions on a few of these and  that confused tasker when it went to save them?   Hopefully João the  developer will be able to chime in  on this one..

Zerosi Mazin

Mar 14, 2018, 2:58:46 PM3/14/18
to Tasker
Possibly. I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing, but it's happened a few times so far. I just wanted to know if others experienced something similar. If not, then it might be my configuration.

Thanks for your replies.

Alexander Graetz

Mar 15, 2018, 4:55:27 PM3/15/18
to Tasker
I had this happen when I rotated my phone during editing a scene. I have since disabled display rotation on my device because I can't have that happen to scenes I spent months perfecting.