Wifi home, car & work modes

Doug Richardson

Oct 11, 2017, 1:30:07 PM10/11/17
to Tasker

Hello, I am new to Tasker & this forum.

I have set 2 profiles. Wifi home & Wifi work.

Home; Wifi connected to specific Home SSID

Work; Wifi connected to specific Work SSID

I have set 3 tasks, Wifi on Home, Wifi on Work & Wifi off.

Wifi Home; Wifi on, Bluetooth off, & volume levels set different than below.

Wifi Work; Wifi on, Bluetooth off, & volume levels set different than above.

Wifi off; Bluetooth on, Wifi off, volume levels set different than above.

Tasker works only on 1 of 3 items.

The exit task works great.  Tasker connects to the car properly & changes volume.

Neither of the Wifi on tasks work unless I manually play them in Tasker.

Any ideas for this?

Thanks, Doug.

Pak

Oct 11, 2017, 4:21:41 PM10/11/17
to Tasker
You say "Neither of the Wifi on tasks work unless I manually play them in Tasker." so this implies they are automatically activated, so how are the two Wifi ON profiles being invoked?

Doug Richardson

Oct 11, 2017, 5:17:38 PM10/11/17
to Tasker
Hi Pak,

The 2 Wifi on profiles are set up to be activated by "Wifi Connected".

Rich D

Oct 12, 2017, 4:41:15 AM10/12/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post

Some tips for asking effective questions.

If your are new to Tasker Please view the videos available at menu / info / guides
There are many videos available on utube as well.
Don’t ask “gimme ze code” questions.
At least try to solve it yourself.
Flash and Popup are good debugging actions.
The users guide and FAQs are great resources - Use them.
Search the forum and google. Try several different sets of keywords before giving up.
Search the WIKI. Maybe someone has already posted a solution.
State clearly and succinctly what the problem is.
What should the code do?
What is it actually doing?
Read over and spell check before you post. Sloppy posts typically garner less response.

"Be sure to include the exported description of the smallest possible test script that illustrates the problem.
If appropriate, attach the Run Log to the post as a file. "
Small sections of the Run Log (<10 lines) can be placed in the body of the post.
(menu / more / runlog)"

DO NOT post XML in the body of the post. No one here can read it.
Just don’t do it!
If you need to post the exported XML, attach it as a file.
Be patient -  Most of us have lives

"To post your profile or task here...  Long press on the profile or task name / ( 3 dot menu with 4.0+ ) export / export "DESCRIPTION" to clipboard (not XML)

Any linked tasks will be exported with the profile they are linked to..

To be able to export, The beginner mode needs to be off and the profile needs to be named by you (Not the Tasker listed name.  Tasker will list your profile with the context name if you have not given it one)."

Pak

Oct 12, 2017, 1:09:37 PM10/12/17
to Tasker
OK a few contradictions here.

You imply that a profile of Wifi Home or Wifi Work are invoked when connected to either network. But then your tasks you run for both start with turning the WiFi ON. But it must already by on, correct?

Then when you exit either profile, I assume the Wifi OFF task runs shutting off Wifi again. If so, how do you get back to connecting to your Home or Work WiFi networks?  Do you manually turn Wifi back on when you get home or to work? Or is there another profile that detects your location then turns on the Wifi for you?

Doug Richardson

Oct 17, 2017, 2:48:15 PM10/17/17
to Tasker
Hello Pak,

Based on your response I determined that there was no trigger to turn on wifi.  I have now added cell near to turn on the wifi radio at both locations.
Thanks for your help.  Profiles work as they should.

Pak

Oct 17, 2017, 6:25:40 PM10/17/17
to Tasker
Glad we figured it out. Well you figured it out. I just asked the right questions.  :)  Have fun!