Phone Idle + Call Waiting

Brian Hanifin

Jan 17, 2011, 3:13:07 PM1/17/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Does Tasker's Phone Idle event fire when the first caller hangs up while another caller is on Call Waiting? Or does it not fire until all calls have ended. I suspect it doesn't fire until all calls have ended, but I wanted to verify that.

I ask because I created a Tasker profile which toggles Airplane mode (with a 10 second delay) when I call ends. This is necessary to workaround a bug on the current Cyanogen Nightly ROM, but I don't want to toggle Airplane Mode if I have a second caller still on the line.

Thank you for Tasker, I love it! I recently added Tasker to my wife's Droid as well so her phone can automatically mute everything on her phone when she gets near the court house. :)

Pent

Jan 18, 2011, 3:10:49 PM1/18/11
to Tasker
> Does Tasker's Phone Idle event fire when the first caller hangs up while
> another caller is on Call Waiting? Or does it not fire until all calls have
> ended. I suspect it doesn't fire until all calls have ended, but I wanted to
> verify that.

I would guess so, but you can verify it more easily than me :-)

Put a Flash action in on Phone Idle and see when it comes up.

> I ask because I created a Tasker profile which toggles Airplane mode (with a
> 10 second delay) when I call ends. This is necessary to workaround a bug on
> the current Cyanogen Nightly ROM, but I don't want to toggle Airplane Mode
> if I have a second caller still on the line.

I don't know if it's possible to detect call waiting currently, will
put it on todo.

Pent