Toggle Power button instantly locks security setting

Rich Belthoff

Jun 22, 2017, 8:12:37 PM6/22/17
to Tasker
Is there an AutoTools or SecureTask secure setting that I can use to toggle the "power button instantly locks" security setting? This is an option in Secure Settings but that app no longer works for me. Suggestions? Thanks!

Marta Hintz

Jun 24, 2017, 5:58:31 PM6/24/17
to Tasker

Rich Belthoff

Jun 24, 2017, 11:56:42 PM6/24/17
to Tasker
Thanks, Marta, but that's what I'm using. I'm trying to find a way to avoid turning the power button lock option step in those instructions without having to do it manually. I don't think the AutoTools instructions give this info. I'm thinking there must be some shell command or something I can set with AutoTools or SecureTask, but I cant find it. It was an option in Secure Settings, but that doesn't really work for me any longer (although I believe that some have gotten it to work using something like an SU file in the root folder, but I already gave up on Secure Settings so I never tried it).