Activiy and Overlay not working together... please, help.

Angel Esc

Jun 29, 2016, 7:33:09 AM6/29/16
to Tasker
Hi all,
from tasker I launch a task that does :
  - show scene --> display as Activity,Full Display, No bar
  - show scene --> Display as Overlay, Blocking

The Overlay is a bar with buttons, and the Activity is where the action is (buttons, menu, etc...)

When I launch the task from Tasker, it works great, but if I export it as an app... it only launches the Overlay,Blocking

Any idea why ?

Rich D

Jun 29, 2016, 12:10:17 PM6/29/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

First I would try the app without launching the overlay to be sure the activity scene is working correctly.

If it does turn out to be a conflict between the 2 scenes, check in the scene properties of the overlay and be sure it is set to overlay there.

Angel Esc

Jun 29, 2016, 3:59:31 PM6/29/16
to Tasker
Thank for the answer Rich,
I've tried to create the app with only the Activity and with only the Overlay... oddly, it shows the overlay fine but it doesn't show the Activity. It doesn't throw any error either.

Rich D

Jun 29, 2016, 6:23:27 PM6/29/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> Thank for the answer Rich,
> I've tried to create the app with only the Activity and with only the Overlay... oddly, it shows the overlay fine but it doesn't show the Activity. It doesn't throw any error either.

Are you exporting a project?

Is the activity scene in the project?

Angel Esc

Jun 29, 2016, 6:51:15 PM6/29/16
to Tasker
I was exporting the task as an App... I had done it before and worked fine, but not in this case.
I created a new project and moved there the task and scenes, exported the project as an App and everything is working fine.

Thank you very much Rich !!