Exit task trigger

Łukasz Kowalczyk

Jan 24, 2017, 5:34:22 AM1/24/17
to Tasker
Hello

I have little problem with triggering a exit task.

But let's start from the beginning:

I've created a task which will be triggered with power wireless (car dock) + not face up (dock holder is vertical). The task launches some scene, where I can choose, if I want only to connect to car's bluetooth, or launch a navigation app of my choice (second scene). As exit task I have a task which kills some processes (navi app and more) and triggers bluetooth back).

The problem is, when car dock charges battery to 100% it automatically interupts charging, thus exit task is triggered :(

I was also trying to create another profile with conditions power wireless + battery level 100% + not orientation face up and linked exit task only to it, but nothing happens.

Could someone give me advice how to solve my problem?

Thank you

Lucas

Abdullah Alahdal

Jan 24, 2017, 7:14:14 AM1/24/17
to Tasker
In my view and what I'm doing.

Power + BT Near.

Abdullah Alahdal

Jan 24, 2017, 7:15:28 AM1/24/17
to Tasker
Since you are going to connect, you need a not her profile with Power + BT Connected.

Because when the BT is connected, Near will be deactivated.

Łukasz Kowalczyk

Jan 24, 2017, 7:25:45 AM1/24/17
to Tasker

W dniu wtorek, 24 stycznia 2017 13:15:28 UTC+1 użytkownik Abdullah Alahdal napisał:
Since you are going to connect, you need a not her profile with Power + BT Connected.

Because when the BT is connected, Near will be deactivated.

So, If I understand right:  first profile with Power wireless + BT Near to launch the task, and second profile with Power wireless + BT connected for exit task?

Abdullah Alahdal

Jan 24, 2017, 9:18:41 AM1/24/17
to Tasker
So, If I understand right:  first profile with Power wireless + BT Near to launch the task, and second profile with Power wireless + BT connected for exit task?

I think, I made a confusion.

I do as follows:

- One Profile for BT Near - with an empty task (Just Anchor Action).
- One Profile for BT Connected - with an empty task (Just Anchor Action).

- Main Profile: Profile Active (one of above) + Power. Here you have your enter and exit tasks as you wish.

Łukasz Kowalczyk

Jan 24, 2017, 12:22:20 PM1/24/17
to Tasker
Sorry but I'm still not following... The main profile should be triggered with Active Profile + Wireless Power and should trigger both tasks: entry and exit?
And which profile should I point as Active Profile? What do you mean by "one of the above"?

Łukasz Kowalczyk

Jan 24, 2017, 12:23:16 PM1/24/17
to Tasker
And how can I create an empty task?

Abdullah Alahdal

Jan 24, 2017, 2:04:30 PM1/24/17
to Tasker
And which profile should I point as Active Profile? What do you mean by "one of the above"?

BT Near Profile & BT Connected Profile

Abdullah Alahdal

Jan 24, 2017, 2:05:18 PM1/24/17
to Tasker
And how can I create an empty task?

Add action >> Task >>  Anchor

Łukasz Kowalczyk

Jan 24, 2017, 4:12:59 PM1/24/17
to Tasker
So, finally I have Master profile, triggered with two profiles active ( BT Near and BT Connected) and wireless charging, which triggers entry and exit tasks, right?

BTW, your approach assumes that I have my phone Bluetooth always on, regarding BT Near profile. Is that right?

Rich D

Jan 24, 2017, 4:40:04 PM1/24/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post
Another approach would be to use what I call a locking profile. Tasker allows you to have profiles with the same name.  So if you make the fist  profile..

profile: Charging
context :  wireless charging
Task:
A1. Stop

and the second..

profile: Charging
context: Profile active : Charging
context: Orientation
enter task:
a1.  all enter task stuff

exit task:
a1. exit task stuff

so now both the charging and orientation contexts will need to be true to trigger the second profile but if the first profile goes inactive the second will remain active untill the orientation context  goes false.

Abdullah Alahdal

Jan 25, 2017, 12:17:39 AM1/25/17
to Tasker
So,  finally I have Master profile,  triggered with two profiles active ( BT Near and BT Connected) and wireless charging,  which triggers entry and exit tasks, right?
Yes!

BTW, your approach assumes that I have my phone Bluetooth always on, regarding BT Near profile.  Is that right?

I am not sure, I have not tried. Since day one using Tasker, I keep Bluetooth on all the time.

Adamx

Jan 25, 2017, 10:10:41 AM1/25/17
to Tasker
Wow, smart! But crap! Now I need to go look into my mess of Driving profiles and see if your locking profile solution could simplify things for me, it certainly looks like it. :)