grace period for Profile Active?

Adamx

Dec 2, 2016, 9:26:33 AM12/2/16
to Tasker
One feature I'd love to have is per-profile, to be able to set a "grace period" during which it won't go inactive and fire its exit task.

This would help in situations where the state you're checking isn't as stable as you'd like. For example, there's that one room in the house where wifi is spotty, or wiggling your power cord a little flips the power off then back on.

So for my "On Power" profile, I'd set a grace period of maybe 10 seconds. So the wiggly power cord won't turn the profile inactive unless it was without for longer than 10 seconds. For my "At Home" profile, I'd set a grace period of maybe 120 seconds. That way I could duck into the storage room to grab something, but my exit task won't fire if I'm back on wifi in less than 2 minutes.

This would be a much more user-friendly way of handling unstable states, I think, than something like adding Wait actions and checking %PACTIVE to exit tasks.

Not sure how feasible this would be to implement, Pent, but if it is possible, I think it would be a great addition. Thanks!

Rich D

Dec 2, 2016, 10:16:18 PM12/2/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

One feature I'd love to have is per-profile, to be able to set a "grace period" during which it won't go inactive and fire its exit task.

Here is a prior discusion on this topic.

This would be a much more user-friendly way of handling unstable states, I think, than something like adding Wait actions and checking %PACTIVE to exit tasks.

Here is one way of accomplishing this approach.

This is sometimes referred to as bouncing, you can search this group for other approaches but this is the one I use. It will stop both the enter task and exit task from running when the context bounces. This example uses a context : state: Cell near.  This will work with any state context.

Profile: Cell on
Context: cell near
Enter Task: Start
1. Enter task stuff

<put the following actions as the first actions in your exit task>

Exit task:stop
1. Wait 5 sec <whatever time you need>
2. Stop  <enter task> ;Start
3 Stop if %PACTIVE ~ *,Cell on,*