Bug: Persistent Notification doesn't show active profiles (if Set Tasker Pref action is used)

Alexander Graetz

Mar 13, 2018, 6:22:01 AM3/13/18
to Tasker
Hi!

One of my apps has to run in foreground from time to time tp prevent Android from killing it. The persistent notification is supposed to show the active profiles so I created a profile that's always active (State - Variable Value) and named it something useful (like "App is active"). But still the persistent notification reads "No active profiles". It seems that if I use the action "Tasker - Set Tasker Pref - Run in Foreground" the notification doesn't show the active profiles, neither in the exported kid app nor in Tasker.

If I set Tasker to "Run in Foreground" within its settings the profiles are shown properly.

Any chance to get this fixed?

joaomgcd

Mar 13, 2018, 6:33:31 AM3/13/18
to Tasker
So, to clarify, if you change the setting via the action it doesn't work, but if you change it via the app's settings it does work? Thanks

Alexander Graetz

Mar 13, 2018, 6:47:09 AM3/13/18
to Tasker
Exactly :-)

João Dias

Mar 13, 2018, 6:54:49 AM3/13/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks. I'll add this to my bug list.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 10:47 AM, 'Alexander Graetz' via Tasker <tas...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Exactly :-)

Alexander Graetz

Mar 13, 2018, 7:16:05 AM3/13/18
to Tasker
Thanks! I am impressed how fast you seem to get things going after you've taken over.

João Dias

Mar 13, 2018, 7:30:34 AM3/13/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thank you :) Hopefully I manage to not break the app once I start modifying it :D

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 11:16 AM, 'Alexander Graetz' via Tasker <tas...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Thanks! I am impressed how fast you seem to get things going after you've taken over.

Alexander Graetz

Mar 15, 2018, 4:52:24 PM3/15/18
to Tasker
Ok so it does seem to work but there is some lag / weird behaviour. Sometimes the info is updated right after changed to running in foreground but more often it takes a (long) while till the notification says e.g. "2 profiles active".

But I am kinda bummed that the notification doesn't show the name of the profile like the regular tasker notification does but instead only how many profiles are active.

João Dias

Mar 16, 2018, 6:15:42 AM3/16/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I'll try figuring out what might be causing that.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 8:52 PM, 'Alexander Graetz' via Tasker <tas...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Ok so it does seem to work but there is some lag / weird behaviour. Sometimes the info is updated right after changed to running in foreground but more often it takes a (long) while till the notification says e.g. "2 profiles active".

But I am kinda bummed that the notification doesn't show the name of the profile like the regular tasker notification does but instead only how many profiles are active.

João Dias

Apr 12, 2018, 10:08:13 AM4/12/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Ok, fixed for next release! Thanks!