Location based Task not running

John Caldwell

Aug 16, 2017, 9:46:46 AM8/16/17
to Tasker
I have a task setup with a location context trigger (net only) that enables and disables my wifi. I have two tasks setup for this trigger, the entry task turns on my wifi, and the exit task turns it off. The problem i have is that the entry task doesn't always work. When i get home my wifi doesn't always automatically turn on. However, whenever i leave home the exit task always works and always turns off my wifi. Since the exit task works, the location context seems to not be the issue. If i open tasker while home i can also see that it is green indicating that the context is true and the task should be working. If i run the task manually the task works fine. It just seems like the location context is not triggering the task when it goes on. Another weird thing i noticed is that the task used to sometimes work but recently (past few days) has stopped working completely. I haven't changed anything as far as im aware.here is the wifi on task xml. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
<TaskerData sr="" dvi="1" tv="5.0u3m">
<Task sr="task15">
<cdate>1501188130164</cdate>
<edate>1502890408996</edate>
<id>15</id>
<nme>Wifi Auto On</nme>
<pri>100</pri>
<Action sr="act0" ve="7">
<code>37</code>
<ConditionList sr="if">
<Condition sr="c0" ve="3">
<lhs>%WIFII</lhs>
<op>2</op>
<rhs>*HOME-0A50-5*/*HOME-0A50-2.4*</rhs>
</Condition>
</ConditionList>
</Action>
<Action sr="act1" ve="7">
<code>130</code>
<Str sr="arg0" ve="3">Wifi On</Str>
<Int sr="arg1">
<var>%priority</var>
</Int>
<Str sr="arg2" ve="3"/>
<Str sr="arg3" ve="3"/>
<Str sr="arg4" ve="3"/>
<Int sr="arg5" val="0"/>
</Action>
<Action sr="act2" ve="7">
<code>30</code>
<Int sr="arg0" val="0"/>
<Int sr="arg1" val="0"/>
<Int sr="arg2" val="1"/>
<Int sr="arg3" val="0"/>
<Int sr="arg4" val="0"/>
</Action>
<Action sr="act3" ve="7">
<code>37</code>
<ConditionList sr="if">
<Condition sr="c0" ve="3">
<lhs>%WIFII</lhs>
<op>3</op>
<rhs>*CONNECTION*</rhs>
</Condition>
</ConditionList>
</Action>
<Action sr="act4" ve="7">
<code>135</code>
<Int sr="arg0" val="0"/>
<Int sr="arg1" val="2"/>
<Str sr="arg2" ve="3"/>
</Action>
</Task>
</TaskerData>

Rich D

Aug 19, 2017, 7:47:07 AM8/19/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post

It sounds like your profile could be bouncing and not running the enter / exit task correctly. Check the run log (menu more fun log) then post the relevant part of the log here along with the exported profile "description" not "xml".

To post your profile or task here...  Long press on the profile or task name / ( 3 dot menu with 4.0+ ) export / export "DESCRIPTION" to clipboard (not XML)

Any linked tasks will be exported with the profile they are linked to..

To be able to export, The beginner mode needs to be off and the profile needs to be named by you (Not the Tasker listed name.  Tasker will list your profile with the context name if you have not given it one).