Test net not working in standalone app

Andrea Centorrino

Aug 26, 2016, 9:08:38 AM8/26/16
to Tasker
Hi,
I have an issue similar to the one described here:
https://qnalist.com/questions/5321385/test-net-does-not-work-in-generated-app

I created a task that checks the WiFi SSID and displays it in a popup: it works in Tasker, but not when creating a standalone app (I suspect that it hangs a soon as Test net is called).
I even tried manually adding the ACCESS_WIFI_STATE permission, but it still didn't work (strangely, it didn't ask for it while installing).
I have gote a Galaxy Note 4 with Android 6.0.1, any clue?

Pent

Aug 27, 2016, 5:02:13 AM8/27/16
to Tasker
Will try and reproduce when I get the chance, been on holiday and now Nougat out...

Pent

Pent

Aug 28, 2016, 3:40:13 AM8/28/16
to Tasker
The permission you mention is definitely needed, I added if for the next Tasker update.

It's android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE you need if adding manually
however.

Pent