DND Vibrate on Oreo?

Bryan Moore

May 17, 2018, 1:42:52 PM5/17/18
to Tasker
For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to create a Profile & Task to "turn on" vibrate only at one time and turn the sound back on at a later time; e.g., during the work day, only allow vibrate. Oreo's built-in DND still fails to have a vibrate choice and it looks like P will be worse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

João Dias

May 18, 2018, 4:54:32 AM5/18/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Did you try the new custom settings action in the beta? Maybe that'll help you find the correct settings?

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 6:42 PM Bryan Moore <moore...@gmail.com> wrote:
For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to create a Profile & Task to "turn on" vibrate only at one time and turn the sound back on at a later time; e.g., during the work day, only allow vibrate. Oreo's built-in DND still fails to have a vibrate choice and it looks like P will be worse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bryan Moore

May 18, 2018, 6:44:36 AM5/18/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I don't mean to be thick, but I'm not sure what to do with this and the "how-to" didn't really help...
Screenshot_Tasker_20180518-064308.png

--
B.Moore

João Dias

May 18, 2018, 7:18:01 AM5/18/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Did you try clicking the magnifying glass there? :)

Bryan Moore

May 18, 2018, 10:49:12 AM5/18/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I didn't find what I was looking for there...

What I thought I could do was this:
Screenshot_Tasker_20180518-104653.png
Screenshot_Tasker_20180518-104658.png
Screenshot_Tasker_20180518-104702.png
But that didn't work...
--
B.Moore

João Dias

May 21, 2018, 6:31:54 AM5/21/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Can you please let me know what phone you're using? Maybe it doesn't support vibrate mode?

Bryan Moore

May 21, 2018, 6:33:28 AM5/21/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Moto g5+; vibrate works fine...
--
B.Moore

João Dias

May 21, 2018, 6:35:41 AM5/21/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
So if you set it through Tasker it simply does nothing?

Bryan Moore

May 21, 2018, 6:37:43 AM5/21/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Correct. Tasker will not follow the time rules, only allow me to manually start the vibrate setting action and turn it off, but not to follow a schedule.
--
B.Moore

João Dias

May 21, 2018, 7:19:37 AM5/21/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Oh I see. Did you enable the "Use Reliable Alarms" option in Tasker?

Bryan Moore

May 21, 2018, 10:47:36 AM5/21/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes.

I just want to be clear, too: I think this is user input error--i.e.,
me--I just can't for the life of me figure out what I'm not doing...

--
*B.Moore*

Nihilism

May 28, 2018, 1:18:00 PM5/28/18
to Tasker
I think it's the phone not you. I have a Moto G5S+ still on Nougat. When I set Vibrate Mode on it only the Notification/System/Ringtone channel(s) are muted. Media, Call Volume, and Alarms are NOT changed. As a result on my phone I have a task that sets the volumes individually to 0 and turns on Vibrate which achieves what you want I think, and then a second task which sets then back to normal. Both tasks are on one toggle widget on my screen.

VolumeOff (133)
A1: Do Not Disturb [ Mode:All Continue Task After Error:On ]
A2: Alarm Volume [ Level:0 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
A3: DTMF Volume [ Level:0 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
A4: Media Volume [ Level:0 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
A5: Notification Volume [ Level:0 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
A6: Ringer Volume [ Level:0 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
A7: Sound Effects [ Set:Off ]
A8: System Volume [ Level:0 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
A9: Vibrate Mode [ Mode:Vibrate ]

Nihilism

May 28, 2018, 1:21:36 PM5/28/18
to Tasker
Sorry, a P.S. is that I tested it with your time profile and it worked correctly with my task being called to silence the phone on Nougat at least.