Google Navigation "night mode"

Casey Rendon

May 22, 2015, 3:13:51 PM5/22/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to force Google Maps navigation into its "night mode" (happens when going through tunnels or at night, the background turns to black)?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm having a hard time searching using the term "night mode" because it's so general.

Robert Ryan

May 22, 2015, 3:24:51 PM5/22/15
to Support Forum

These functions can be accessed via Java. Take a look at the UiModeManager: http://goo.gl/j2ppc9

Casey Rendon

May 22, 2015, 5:33:39 PM5/22/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Wow thank you! Any java guides for someone who has zero experience? I just want "night mode" on when google maps is open.

easiuser

May 22, 2015, 5:57:44 PM5/22/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure those functions do anything different than Tasker action Display->Night Mode->On, Off or Toggle.  Turning night mode on does not seem to change Google's navigation display.

Casey Rendon

May 22, 2015, 6:03:51 PM5/22/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I've always been bewildered how Google Maps navigation knows when I'm going under a tunnel and turns dark.

I have a Nexus 6 and am trying to make navigation a little more battery efficient with black on the AMOLED.

Robert Ryan

May 22, 2015, 11:31:42 PM5/22/15
to Support Forum

On May 22, 2015 3:57 PM, "easiuser" <ron.d....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure those functions do anything different than Tasker action Display->Night Mode->On, Off or Toggle.  Turning night mode on does not seem to change Google's navigation display.

Yeah, I've been playing with both the Java methods and the Tasker actions and I can't see how they affect anything.