Scheduled call/SMS forwarding

Kennet F

Oct 20, 2017, 5:46:37 AM10/20/17
to Tasker
Hi

I want to forward all calls and maybe SMS from my work phone to my private phone. Fx. from Monday-Friday from 15.00-.7.00 and and all time in the weekend. Is that possible to do?
I can't quite figure that out.

/Kennet

Pak

Oct 20, 2017, 3:27:27 PM10/20/17
to Tasker
Probably possible to do. Probably the easiest way for calls is to simply change how calls are handled on your Work phone's network by basically sending the code (is this a GSM phone?) to forward all calls unconditionally to your home phone number. Something like this description...

I have an SMS forwarding profile on my phone which is for a specific incoming SMS number. So in that case I do a profile for received text and specify the sender. I wonder if you can simply leave it blank or use a wild card for ALL incoming SMSs. Then for the task associated with it I simply do a Send SMS and copy in the SMS text. Of course the text comes from me so you would probably want to see if you can also copy and paste in the original sender.

You do realize that Tasker would have to be on your work phone for all this to happen, right?

Baud

Oct 20, 2017, 4:08:05 PM10/20/17
to Tasker
Hi Kennet,

I've created an app with Tasker and published on play store in order to manage on-call duty. My app is named "DutyManager" which route call and SMS based on calendar entry (local or synchronized). The idea was to manage our on-call duties for the week-end in my company across team members (here is the story
You may have a look on the playstore. I made 2 versions. The free version would fit your need, however the paid one (more features) is free for this week.

Available for any questions, and if you like, or anyone who wants to try, feel free to give any feedback and review on the playstore.

Hope that helps

Kennet F

Oct 20, 2017, 4:17:55 PM10/20/17
to Tasker
I want this to happen automatic after each work day. Right now I'm using a widget, but sometimes I forget it. Doing a work day it should not forward calls.
I have seen the guide, but it will online activate when your private wifi is detected, but that will not work for me as I'm not always home.
And yes Tasker is installed on my work phone :-)

Kennet F

Oct 20, 2017, 4:39:29 PM10/20/17
to Tasker
Looks like Dutymanager can help me. Only problem is my work phone has Android v. 4.4.2, so I cannot download it.
About how it works. Do I have to make appointments everyday in my work calendar when it should forward or does it has it's own calendar?

Baud

Oct 21, 2017, 3:10:11 AM10/21/17
to Tasker
I've have an old release before upgrading Tasker to version 5.x. DutyManager version should match your android 4.4.2. See attached file.

The app doesn't have its own calendar. It rely indeed on any calendar found on the device. On my hand, I use to have a dedicated google calendar for our on-call account, synchronized and connected. It's easier to manage from our computer. But once again, it can be the local one on your phone.
And yes you have to make an appointment everyday for DutyManager to shift calls and sms. The keyword found in the calendar entry trigger the forwarding task.

I hope to clarify a bit how it works. Let me know.
DutyManager_r175_API_v16.apk

Baud

Nov 2, 2017, 12:30:23 PM11/2/17
to Tasker
@kennet

did it match your need with the provided version ?

Kennet F

Nov 3, 2017, 9:15:48 AM11/3/17
to Tasker
Well, I still need the basic knowledge about Tasker and how it's configured according to DutyManager - still haven't figured that out yet