WiFi Tether: enable failed - Action WiFi Tether failed

Kyle Hepple

Aug 22, 2017, 11:45:45 AM8/22/17
to Tasker
Any news on whether it is possible to fix the issue with not being able to enable/disable the WiFi tether on a non-rooted device?

I don't really want to root my device as I like to get the latest updates straight from Google.
Plus I know very little about rooting devices, so it isn't really an option for me.

Running Android 8.0 on a Google Pixel XL.

Pent

Aug 22, 2017, 1:04:38 PM8/22/17
to Tasker
If it doesn't work on your device, then It needs root. It's very unlikely
anything will change. Google have just changed their API, I doubt
they will reverse things and go back to the old one.

Pent

Kyle Hepple

Aug 22, 2017, 1:15:10 PM8/22/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Ah well, thanks for the reply.

André Jeromin

Aug 22, 2018, 12:02:06 PM8/22/18
to Tasker
Sometimes when the task is running I got an error message.

"WiFi Tether: java.lang.RuntimeExecption: Java.lang.InterruptedException
At a.a.a.j.f.a (SourceFile:45)..."

I can't say what is the reason.

I'm running the latest beta of Tasker with Android 8 on a Huawei mate 10 pro

André Jeromin

Aug 22, 2018, 12:03:40 PM8/22/18
to Tasker

João Dias

Aug 22, 2018, 12:22:42 PM8/22/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Seems like something's different with huaweis... Will try with a huawei when I can get my hands on one, thanks.

André Jeromin

Aug 22, 2018, 1:02:14 PM8/22/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

What am I wondering about, it not happen everytime.
Let me know if I can help you.

João Dias

Aug 22, 2018, 1:04:21 PM8/22/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Oh I see. Do you know when it happens? Any pattern?

André Jeromin

Aug 22, 2018, 1:57:04 PM8/22/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Not really. I tried to repeat but the error don't appears. Normally the task start everytime I'm in my car. Whether I receive the error the tethering will start correctly. I tried to start the task manually and at the first time I got the message again (Coincidence I think ). Other attempts directly after that will work correctly. First, I thought it happens when the Wi-Fi was still activ but I couldn't confirm that.

André Jeromin

Nov 21, 2018, 3:19:24 AM11/21/18
to Tasker
hi João, the issue still exist in the latest beta. (5.6.1b)
After the task was running I got this message but the actions are executed correctly.

Error message:

09.11.53/E exe: 182 / WiFi Tether [ Set:On Keep Wi-Fi when turning on:On ]
09.11.53/E current state: 1
09.11.53/E WiFi Tether: cur: false new: true
09.11.53/E WiFi Tether: setWifiEnabled()
09.11.53/E WiFi Tether: Enabling wifi tether
09.11.53/E WiFi Tether: Got method with package false
09.11.53/E WiFi Tether: Called method without package
09.11.53/E WiFi Tether: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.InterruptedException
at a.a.e.j.f.a(SourceFile:45)
at a.a.e.d.b.c(SourceFile:86)
at a.a.l.a(SourceFile:2157)
at com.joaomgcd.taskerm.helper.actions.execute.u.a(SourceFile:38)
at net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ExecuteService.a(SourceFile:8539)
at net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ExecuteService.a(SourceFile:4585)
at net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ExecuteService.a(SourceFile:9060)
at net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ExecuteService.a(SourceFile:170)
at net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ExecuteService$1.run(SourceFile:447)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:784)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException
at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.doAcquireSharedInterruptibly(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1022)
at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.acquireSharedInterruptibly(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1328)
at java.util.concurrent.CountDownLatch.await(CountDownLatch.java:232)
at a.a.e.d.b.c(SourceFile:83)
... 8 more

09.11.53/E Action WiFi Tether failed.
09.11.53/E result: stop task (error)
09.11.53/E Error: 1
09.11.53/MacroEdit action finished exeID 1 action no 1 code 113 status: Err next 1

João Dias

Nov 22, 2018, 11:08:26 AM11/22/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I'll give it another go.

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias