Can't install tasker on Lollipop

Kyle Ruggles

Dec 6, 2014, 4:25:32 PM12/6/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I can't seem to install the newly bought Tasker on my Nexus 5 using Lollipop, I continue to get the error -505 from the play store. I read it may be an adobe air compatibility issue but I just thought I'd bring attention to it. Seems to affect many out there.

Pent

Dec 7, 2014, 2:11:06 AM12/7/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Almost everyone that's reported this has had Utter installed already.

It blocks Tasker install because it's declaring a permission that Tasker
also declares (the developer uses this to workaround an Android bug).

He told me he's going to release an update in the next days.

Pent

Kyle Ruggles

Dec 7, 2014, 2:22:53 AM12/7/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
OMG, Thank you! I backed up utter and installed tasker without a hitch!

Thanks! looking forward to the update for sure, I use utter quite regularly and the combination is great. Thanks for your help, much appreciated :D

Kyle

Pent

Dec 12, 2014, 1:30:29 AM12/12/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
There's also apparently an app called Pebble TaskWatch that has the same problem.

Pent

Phil Bilton

Jan 1, 2015, 11:50:08 AM1/1/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Im also having this problem with the app factory after updating to lollipop.

thecolor cypher

Jan 1, 2015, 6:06:38 PM1/1/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
curiosity, why use Utter vs tasker and autoVoice?

Additionally I've had no problems with my pebble and tasker, both work as expected and well together. (just a note).
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Logun Needtoknow

Apr 20, 2015, 5:44:00 PM4/20/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I have a similar issue (Had Tasker for years, updated to Lollipop on Note 4 Verizon.  Tasker worked fine with Utter! but everything broke when I had to do a factory reset due to battery drain.  After factory reset a few apps were no longer compatible.  Then tried to install tasker from website got a 505.  Bought the store version and still got a 505 error.)  I do have Utter! installed as well.

Hopefully Bandall can update Utter! to fix the issue.  I have heard a few other issues like this with other apps that use the same permissions. So I hope Google pushes an update for 5 that will fix it instead of the Devs having to go rewrite a few things.  :|

Someone asked about AutoVoice, my 2 cents:  I have used all the AutoApps that apply to me and paid for the unlocks.  For me they have horrible documentation!!!  I finally got a few to do what I wanted but compared to Tasker's Documentation and Utter!'s documentation the AutoApps are way below the curve.  The short video tutorials that are made for each app do nothing to help.  I feel if the Dev(s) worked on their documentation and built a better way to access info (no offense Google+, but you suck)  they would have a larger user base and their sales would be much higher as well.  Just look at how well IFTT is doing and it can't do a fraction of what AutoApps can.

Pent

Apr 24, 2015, 3:04:36 AM4/24/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
>Someone asked about AutoVoice, my 2 cents:  I have used all the AutoApps that apply to me and paid for the unlocks.  For me they have horrible documentation!!!

I think Joao would really appreciate the input if you would point that out to him.

Pent

Pent

Jun 4, 2015, 4:46:15 AM6/4/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, megafr...@gmail.com
I've just found out that 505 can also occur when trying to install the Play Store version of Tasker over the trial.

Pent

Mike Richard

Aug 1, 2015, 5:35:37 PM8/1/15
to Tasker

On Saturday, December 6, 2014 at 4:25:32 PM UTC-5, Kyle Ruggles wrote:
I can't seem to install the newly bought Tasker on my Nexus 5 using Lollipop, I continue to get the error -505 from the play store. I read it may be an adobe air compatibility issue but I just thought I'd bring attention to it. Seems to affect many out there.

I had the same error, on the website XDA you can find an updated version of Utter.  And with that you can run Tasker and Utter on Lollipop Utter version 3.12b

Mr K

Oct 9, 2015, 10:53:18 PM10/9/15
to Tasker
Thanks so much for this tip. I tried to factory restore my phone two times, and inspite if that i was not able to install tasker, finally i saw your post, and you were spot on, i had utter installed, after i uninstalled it, i was able to install tasker. yay.