How do I change the Quick Settings Tiles icons?

Robert Yung

May 22, 2018, 6:50:23 PM5/22/18
to Tasker
The default icon for Quick Settings Tiles is the lightning-bolt and I can't figure out how to change it. Ideally I want the icon to be updated by the task being invoked.

I've looked at these actions and they are not related to what I want:
Set Tasker Icon: sets tasker's notification icon
Set Widget Icon: set tasker widget icon

I've seen video tutorials where the task listing shows some tasks with icons on the right edge and the quick settings tiles would use the same icon, but I can't figure out how to assign an icon to a task in the first place.

João Dias

May 23, 2018, 4:56:37 AM5/23/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
That icon is just the icon that was used for the task :)

Robert Yung

May 23, 2018, 10:09:59 AM5/23/18
to Tasker

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 4:56:37 AM UTC-4, joaomgcd wrote:
That icon is just the icon that was used for the task :)

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand. So how exactly do I set the icon for a task or for a quick tile? Or do I need to use autotools instead?

Robert Ryan

May 23, 2018, 10:31:22 AM5/23/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com

See attached screenshot. Click the circled icon to change the icon used for the task.

20180523_082528.jpg

Robert Yung

May 23, 2018, 11:03:05 AM5/23/18
to Tasker
That's it! I never thought to look there. Thanks!

Now I understand why I need a different task for each tile state to dynamically change the tile icon.

João Dias

May 23, 2018, 11:36:42 AM5/23/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Or you could use AutoNotification which has much more advance quick tile management ;)