Non rooted S8 running shell commands, error 1 yet runs fine via ADB ?

Dave B

Dec 10, 2017, 1:54:46 PM12/10/17
to Tasker

So I'm trying to run google voice search.  Running am start -a android.intent.action.VOICE_ASSIST via ADB  works fine.  However when I try to run this via tasker run shell I get the following  "error 1"  Please see image for more

Dave B

Dec 10, 2017, 3:37:14 PM12/10/17
to Tasker
I should mention this is Tasker 5.0u7m.
If I run the command via terminal on the phone directly i get the following:

Alexander Graetz

Dec 11, 2017, 2:32:08 AM12/11/17
to Tasker
Tasker has a send intent action. Any reason you're trying to use a shell commands for this?

Rich D

Dec 11, 2017, 4:32:41 AM12/11/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post

Tasker has a send intent action. Any reason you're trying to use a shell commands for this?

+1

This works on my device

Voice Assist (405)
A1: Send Intent [ Action:android.intent.action.VOICE_ASSIST Cat:None Mime Type: Data: Extra: Extra: Extra: Package: Class: Target:Activity ]

I have a pixel c tablet  /  Android 8.0 / Tasker Version: 5.1b1m

Dave B

Dec 11, 2017, 8:39:17 AM12/11/17
to Tasker
Well i'll be darned, I didn't know you could send intents.  I had just added --user '0' to the shell command and it worked.  This method also worked.  I would have had no idea to change target to Activity either.

Thanks,I'm going to play w/ this for other functions I cannot do now that I unrooted this thing.

Dave