Menu Unreadable in Android 7

Nicholas Hernandez

Aug 25, 2016, 7:49:01 AM8/25/16
to Tasker
Since upgrading to 7 my custom menu's text doesn't seem to appear anymore. I have the icons and each line appears but all text is missing. I have setup a background image to make sure it wasn't black on black text and that was not the case.

Nicholas Hernandez

Aug 31, 2016, 10:09:44 PM8/31/16
to Tasker
Does anyone have any idea how this can be fixed?

Pent

Sep 2, 2016, 4:04:53 AM9/2/16
to Tasker
You're talking about the Menu action ?

Someone else has reported similar with another scene-based action, will look at it
when I get the update, rumoured maybe next week.

Pent

Martin

Oct 4, 2016, 5:05:35 PM10/4/16
to Tasker
I have the same problem with my Nexus 6P and Nougat.  Exactly the same symptoms. I'm glad it's not just me!

Yes, it is the Menu action, Pent.  Have you had a chance to look at this?

Pent

Oct 5, 2016, 3:16:26 AM10/5/16
to Tasker
Google finally release the N6 update yesterday, am waiting for it to trickle through to
us.

Pent

Abdullah Alahdal

Oct 5, 2016, 8:54:59 AM10/5/16
to Tasker
Google finally release the N6 update yesterday, am waiting for it to trickle through to
us.

I could not wait for the update, downloaded the image and flashed manually :)

Martin

Oct 5, 2016, 4:26:59 PM10/5/16
to Tasker
That's good.  Hope you can replicate the problem!

Pent

Nov 1, 2016, 4:00:09 AM11/1/16
to Tasker
Fixed for next update.

Until then, simply editing in the scene editor the textual elements which do not show up
should fix it.

Pent

Martin

Nov 2, 2016, 6:32:30 PM11/2/16
to Tasker
That's great news!  Thanks Pent.

James Skaggs

Jan 2, 2017, 4:43:49 AM1/2/17
to Tasker
Works now on 4.9u2.  Thanks!

Martin

Jan 6, 2017, 4:08:01 PM1/6/17
to Tasker
I haven't managed to get this working on this build.  Did you have to recreate the menu or did it just work? I'm using the default Icon and Text Menu layout.

Thanks

Martin

James Skaggs

Jan 6, 2017, 4:23:17 PM1/6/17
to Tasker
Martin -

I'm assuming you're addressing me.   It just started working on  4.9u2. I didn't have to do anything extra.

BTW, before 4.9u2, creating a new menu, or editing the scene did not work for me.

Nexus 5x, 7.1.1, December patch

Martin

Jan 6, 2017, 5:17:32 PM1/6/17
to Tasker
Yes, thanks James.  I'll have another play around to see if I can prompt it to work.  (I'm on Nexus 6P with 7.1.1)