HTC One M8s - no Cell update on Lockscreen

Osh

Feb 11, 2016, 6:07:18 AM2/11/16
to Tasker
On Android 5.0.2, HTC Sense 6, Tasker 4.8u1m

I have a profile that is triggered by Cell Near. I am aware of the usual Lollipop issues of no updates to Cell Near when the screen is off, (this all worked fine on ICS), so I created a profile with a Secure Settings plugin task to turn the screen on briefly, which should trigger the Cell Near profile.

However, with the Tasker notification visible on the lockscreen I am able to see when the screen comes on, that the profile is not activated . It will only activate when I physically unlock the pattern lock.

Any ideas as to why lockscreen is blocking Cell updates?

Pent

Feb 11, 2016, 9:13:16 AM2/11/16
to Tasker

I have a profile that is triggered by Cell Near. I am aware of the usual Lollipop issues of no updates to Cell Near when the screen is off, (this all worked fine on ICS), so I created a profile with a Secure Settings plugin task to turn the screen on briefly, which should trigger the Cell Near profile.

Why 'should' it do that ? It depends what HTC have coded in their ROM.

BTW, there's a Tasker option for turning the screen on to update cell near (plus some other
cell near workarounds to try), see Prefs / Monitor.

Pent

Osh

Feb 12, 2016, 5:36:51 AM2/12/16
to Tasker
Hi Pent,

I would think it should do that based on the issue most Lollipop users are facing, with no cell updates whilst the screen is off. Obviously I'm wrong :-)
I have already set the workarounds in Preferences to no effect, however, given the issue I am facing, Net/Cell Wake Screen becomes redundant I suppose.