App factory images

Phil Bilton

Sep 7, 2017, 4:50:01 AM9/7/17
to Tasker
Hello all,

One of my apps in trying to add a splash screen when the app is first opened, however when I export the app the image does not show.

I know this has been covered many times before, but the stage thing with me is when I make a test app which just shows a scene with the image, it shows properly.

The I've is a PNG, I've tried resizing the image, I think it's now 89kb in size. I've tried moving folders etc.

The scene shows before the rest of the app as the background is present, just no image.

Any advice or hints on where I'm going wrong.

Cheers
Phil

Phil Bilton

Sep 7, 2017, 5:43:14 AM9/7/17
to Tasker
Just to add some more info:
Android 8.0, unrooted, latest Tasker and app factory version.

I done some more testing, I changed the image to something else, didn't show. I changed the image to an image I used else where in the app and it showed.
I then put the image I want to use in and it didn't show. I then put the image I want to use in a different scene and it did show! But putting that image back into the scene I want and it didn't show.
Hope that made sense.

Pent

Sep 7, 2017, 5:59:35 AM9/7/17
to Tasker
You mean other images work in the wanted scene, and the wanted image works in other scenes, just
the wanted image doesn't work in the wanted scene ?

Presumably wanted image works with wanted scene in Tasker ?

Are there other things in the wanted scene apart from the image ? If
so perhaps you could try deleting them one by one ?

Pent

Phil Bilton

Sep 7, 2017, 8:20:04 AM9/7/17
to Tasker
Hi pent,
Thanks for your reply.

The splash screen as I'm calling it is the scene I want the image to show. If I use the image I want shown, or any other image that has not been used in the app before then it won't show. If I use a image from another scene then that will show.

If I try adding the image to another scene within the app it will show.

The splash screen originally had nothing apart from the image I'm trying to show. It now has a rectangle element as the background and that's it.

In the opening task for my app I have the action show splash scene, the task then does the things I need doing then shows the main scene and destroys the splash scene.

Pent

Sep 7, 2017, 9:18:10 AM9/7/17
to Tasker
English is so vague :-)

You wrote previously:

>But putting that image back into the scene I want and it didn't show.

So it's not just that 'the image has been used in the app before' apparently.

How are you including the image ? 'Local media' ?

Could you send me the splash scene and the image so I can try it ?

Pent

Phil Bilton

Sep 7, 2017, 9:49:33 AM9/7/17
to Tasker
Sorry pent.

The image that works has been used previously in the app. The image that does not work is the image I want to use.

If I create a test app with just the splash screen and image it works correctly so I think by sending you just the image and scene will prove pointless.

If I sent the whole project that might help you to reproduce it?

I've now done away with the scene all together, I've put the splash image in the first scene and the use element visibility to hide it once the app is ready. It works this way.

Raul SC

Sep 7, 2017, 10:09:12 AM9/7/17
to Tasker
I recently had similar problems.

Some images of my scenes showed perfectly if I ran it from Tasker and did not show when I tried it from the standalone application.

Finally find out that the problem was that the resolution of the images, was greater than that of the scene.

When lowering the resolution of the images, it fixed the problem.

Phil Bilton

Sep 7, 2017, 11:36:42 AM9/7/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I did try lowering the resolution before posting here as I also had that issue a few months back.

The fact that the image displays in a scene that was made previous to updating to 8.0 but not a new scene made after 8.0 makes me wonder if that has something to do with it.

This app I'm making has been out a while so this is just an update, and part of that update was to add a loading scene.

If I can proving any more info pent to help solve the issue then let me know, but for now the image displays in the main scene so I'm happy with that.

Phil Bilton

Sep 7, 2017, 11:45:10 AM9/7/17
to Tasker
Pent,

The video I've just made shows what I wanted to achieve with the first screen that comes up.

However another issue, which I remember being raised months ago but can't find the thread, was the destroy scene action. When I show a new screen, I have a 400ms wait then destroy previous scene with no animation. As you can see in the video, it brings the previous scene to the front then destroys it.

https://youtu.be/KUe_-bpQ8zg

Pent

Sep 11, 2017, 5:45:13 AM9/11/17
to Tasker
Phil, I asked:

> Could you send me the splash scene and the image so I can try it ?

Thanks,

Pent

Phil Bilton

Sep 12, 2017, 5:03:47 PM9/12/17
to Tasker
Pent,

I sent the image and scene as requested. The issue is still present but it's now even more confusing. In another scene, I have a image, if I add another image, the image I'm adding does not show. If I copy and paste the first image, the pasted image shows but the copied (1st)image fails to show.

Again, nothing in the logs, no errors when exporting as app etc.

Pent

Sep 13, 2017, 4:50:40 AM9/13/17
to Tasker
Adding from the Local Media option or ?

Pent

Phil Bilton

Sep 13, 2017, 5:03:13 AM9/13/17
to Tasker
Yeah adding from local media from images that I know that work from previous versions of my app.

Pent

Oct 1, 2017, 6:30:51 AM10/1/17
to Tasker
On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 11:03:13 UTC+2, Phil Bilton wrote:
Yeah adding from local media from images that I know that work from previous versions of my app.

OK, I can't reproduce this at all, so hopefully I can find something in your logs even though you say there is nothing.

Could you send me a Tasker log of the app generation (with the splash scene where the image isn't showing)
as specified here:

Also, an app factory 'long-term' log of showing the scene:

Thanks,

Pent

Phil Bilton

Oct 1, 2017, 9:45:33 AM10/1/17
to Tasker
Hi pent,

I think I've done that correctly, I've sent two logs to you, one from the app and one from tasker itself, along with image and scene name that is not being displayed.

Raul SC

Oct 14, 2017, 10:49:49 AM10/14/17
to Tasker
I have the same problem. If it helps, I can also file execution log.

Pent

Oct 22, 2017, 9:55:18 AM10/22/17
to Tasker
Hi Phil,

sorry, but those aren't the logs I meant (see links).

Raul, same request for you please, yes.

Thanks,

Pent

Alexander Graetz

Oct 26, 2017, 3:30:34 PM10/26/17
to Tasker
I've encountered the same. Maybe it's related to the bug I reported some time ago of my app crashing because of a missing notification image?

I've created the logs as described but I am fairly certain there is nothing to be found in there. The troublesome scene is created without any error. Even when I manipulate the image, nothing unusual in the log.

The issue is somewhere in the app creation process. The "long term log" doesn't seem to create a log of the app creation itself. Any way to get a log of whatever app factory is doing?

Thx

Message has been deleted

Phil Bilton

Oct 26, 2017, 5:18:33 PM10/26/17
to Tasker
I can't create the right log either.
With your app, was it originally created before the new material design was implemented in tasker?
I'm only asking as if I create a brand new project then images display correctly, however previously create projects do not display the new images.
Message has been deleted

Alexander Graetz

Oct 26, 2017, 7:08:08 PM10/26/17
to Tasker

Yes it was previously created. Up until today I've had no issues at all with images (at least in this project).
26-10-2017 E: 22.03.06#E: exe: Get_color CC / Element Image [ Scene Name:Schalter_overlay CC Element:Schalter_icon Image:cust_appshortcut_edit ]

It's all the log has to say about this. I've checked in the apk and file "cust_appshortcut_edit" contains my image.

Phil Bilton

Oct 27, 2017, 4:30:13 AM10/27/17
to Tasker
If you copy and paste a image that works, then I think you might find the original image will not display but the new pasted image will.

It's really strange behaviour and has brought my app to a halt in terms of pushing updates out.

Alexander Graetz

Oct 28, 2017, 8:31:15 AM10/28/17
to Tasker
You're right, now the image that wasn't working before does but the old one doesn't.

It seems I can't get ANY new image to display in this or any other scene of the project. It's like I've reached a limit of images an app can take. I am not even using many images. Just an icon here and there.

@Pent can you please take another look at this? It can potentially end all my app activities...

Alexander Graetz

Oct 28, 2017, 10:04:36 AM10/28/17
to Tasker
Also somebody seems have had this issue a year ago, so I don't think the material design update has anything to do with this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/55wyzz/help_scene_menu_icons_show_up_when_run_from/

Pent

Oct 28, 2017, 10:04:53 AM10/28/17
to Tasker

@Pent can you please take another look at this?

I can't reproduce it, so I need the logs I described :-(

Pent

Pent

Oct 28, 2017, 10:12:07 AM10/28/17
to Tasker

I can't reproduce it, so I need the logs I described :-(

... or someone can tell me how to create a project from scratch which
causes the problem.

Pent

Pent

Oct 28, 2017, 10:15:23 AM10/28/17
to Tasker

On Friday, 27 October 2017 10:30:13 UTC+2, Phil Bilton wrote:
If you copy and paste a image that works, then I think you might find the original image will not display but the new pasted image will.

You mean copy and paste an image element ? Couldn't reproduce like that either if so :-(

Pent

Alexander Graetz

Oct 28, 2017, 1:10:18 PM10/28/17
to Tasker
I've send you an email to orders(at)apps.dinglisch.net with two logs. It was the only address I could find.

Phil Bilton

Oct 28, 2017, 2:20:26 PM10/28/17
to Tasker
Pent, if I create a brand new project then the image shows, it seems to be only previously created projects that are effected.
The only thing I can suggest is to send you the whole project along with the images to be shown for you to try and package, although thinking about it, I doubt that will work as on your device as tasker will see it as a new package.

Kuba Ka

Oct 28, 2017, 3:38:23 PM10/28/17
to Tasker
I can send the app I created in the taskbar version 4.9u4, because the latest version of tasker or app factory (do not know) does not show some pictures. I can also include the entire project. For Pent view only. Together with the pictures used. I do not know if it will help but I am very eager to join in the solution. I'm counting on updating the error with pictures and "jumping scenes".

Pent

Oct 30, 2017, 3:20:07 AM10/30/17
to Tasker
On Saturday, 28 October 2017 19:10:18 UTC+2, Alexander Graetz wrote:
I've send you an email to orders(at)apps.dinglisch.net with two logs. It was the only address I could find.

Thanks, couldn't see any problem.

If you delete an image element, does the problematic one then display OK maybe ?

Question: is everyone with this problem on Android 8 ?

Pent

Kuba Ka

Oct 30, 2017, 3:45:26 AM10/30/17
to Tasker
I'm using android 7.0 on Galaxy s7.

Pent

Oct 30, 2017, 4:56:05 AM10/30/17
to Tasker

On Monday, 30 October 2017 08:45:26 UTC+1, Kuba Ka wrote:
I'm using android 7.0 on Galaxy s7.

OK, thanks, it's nothing to do with Android version then (I also test on S7 ATM)

Pent

Pent

Oct 30, 2017, 4:57:59 AM10/30/17
to Tasker
Could someone try this prelease please (you need the Play Store version already
installed):

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/prerelease/Tasker.5.0u7m.apk
http://appfactory.dinglisch.net/releases/AppFactory.5.0u7.apk

I'm not hopeful, but there was a problem that could theoretically be related.

Thanks,

Pent

Pent

Oct 30, 2017, 5:03:30 AM10/30/17
to Tasker
If the image element has a background colour set, is the background visible ?

Pent

Alexander Graetz

Oct 30, 2017, 5:56:23 AM10/30/17
to Tasker
I've tried the pre-release version, no difference. Deleting another image, no difference. But a background color is indeed visible, if I assign one.

Kuba Ka

Oct 30, 2017, 10:39:26 AM10/30/17
to Tasker
Tasker 5.0u6 And a compatible app factory
1.Project-I see pictures (in tasker)
2.If I run task start app in tasker I see pictures.
3.After creating the app in the app factory, installing it and launching I do not see some pictures.

Tasker 4.9u4 and a compatible app factory
1.I see pictures
2.I see pictures
3.I see pictures

Approximately this looks like this problem on me on android 7.0

Alexander Graetz

Oct 30, 2017, 12:28:14 PM10/30/17
to Tasker
I've tried my exported app on a different device with a different Android version (6 instead of 7) and the issue is still present.

Would it help to send you an affected exported app? I can't think of anything else to try.

Pent

Oct 30, 2017, 1:01:26 PM10/30/17
to Tasker
On Monday, 30 October 2017 17:28:14 UTC+1, Alexander Graetz wrote:
I've tried my exported app on a different device with a different Android version (6 instead of 7) and the issue is still present.

What if you create the app on those devices with the project exported as XML and the images copied over ?

Would it help to send you an affected exported app? I can't think of anything else to try.

Actually, that might help, yes, thanks.

Pent

Pent

Oct 31, 2017, 3:16:39 AM10/31/17
to Tasker

What if you create the app on those devices with the project exported as XML and the images copied over ?

Would it help to send you an affected exported app? I can't think of anything else to try.

Actually, that might help, yes, thanks.

The image is definitely making it into the new APK. I added a lot of logging around image element
display, could you please make the two logs again (generation and running of the kid app) with
these versions:

Thanks,

Pent

Alexander Graetz

Oct 31, 2017, 3:47:04 AM10/31/17
to Tasker
The log now comes up with this:

31-10-2017 ActionArgIcon: 08.40.31#ActionArgIcon: getBitmap: max: 408x222 uri: android.resource://agraetz.lifxcc/drawable/cust_appshortcut_log
31-10-2017 MyBitmap: 08.40.31#MyBitmap: rscheme: name: cust_appshortcut_log host: agraetz.lifxcc pkg: agraetz.lifxcc resolvedPkg: net.dinglisch.android.tasker max: 408x222 tint 0
31-10-2017 MyBitmap: 08.40.31#MyBitmap: warning: rrb: normal: null bitmap
31-10-2017 MyBitmap: 08.40.31#MyBitmap: fromURI: null
31-10-2017 SEI: 08.40.31#SEI: warning: no bitmap
31-10-2017 SEI: 08.40.31#SEI: alpha: 255

Kuba Ka

Oct 31, 2017, 4:39:48 AM10/31/17
to Tasker
I do not know why after uninstalling 4.9u4m and installing 5.0u7m (I changed the backup version to higher and the tasker works. The project in the tasker also.) When running the app in the tasker the app works. but after exporting it by app factory version 5.0u7 app launches the first task but then it rolls Po uruchomieniu app w taskerze app działa. ale po wyeksportowaniu jej przez app factory wersji 5.0u7 app uruchamia pierwszy task ale potem się wywra When running the app in the tasker the app works. but after exporting it by app factory version 5.0u7 the app launches the first task but then it rolls over .. and does not show any screen..

Pent

Oct 31, 2017, 4:57:56 AM10/31/17
to Tasker
Thanks. Could you send me or post the Tasker during-creation log too ?

Could you also unzip the apk file and look at res/drawable/cust_appshortcut_log.png ? Is
anything in there ?

Seems we're getting closer...

Pent

Pent

Oct 31, 2017, 4:59:43 AM10/31/17
to Tasker
Actually, could you also send me the newly-generated APK again ?

I have a strong suspicion about what is going on here.

Thanks,

Pent

Pent

Oct 31, 2017, 6:08:16 AM10/31/17
to Tasker
OK, can reproduce it now, no need for further logs etc, thanks Alexander.

Pent

Pent

Oct 31, 2017, 9:07:14 AM10/31/17
to Tasker
Should be fixed next update, maybe tomorrow.

Pent

Kuba Ka

Oct 31, 2017, 9:17:17 AM10/31/17
to Tasker
Pent you may know what this error causes strange jumps between closing scenes? You can see it here in the movie.
https://youtu.be/NxSdAnevBq0

Alexander Graetz

Oct 31, 2017, 9:21:48 AM10/31/17
to Tasker
Glad we could work this out :-)

Alexander Graetz

Nov 2, 2017, 1:29:55 PM11/2/17
to Tasker
Erm... It seems my tasker won't update via the play store anymore after installing the pre-version from above. Do I have to uninstall first?

Phil Bilton

Nov 2, 2017, 4:10:12 PM11/2/17
to Tasker
Thanks pent for sorting this issue out and my other sms issue out.

Pent

Nov 3, 2017, 7:30:40 AM11/3/17
to Tasker

On Thursday, 2 November 2017 18:29:55 UTC+1, Alexander Graetz wrote:
Erm... It seems my tasker won't update via the play store anymore after installing the pre-version from above. Do I have to uninstall first?

Shouldn't be the case, no.

Maybe a restart ?

Pent