To launch an activity

Niyon S V

Mar 28, 2019, 10:22:22 AM3/28/19
to Tasker
Hi,

I want to launch the Google Play Services' permission window activity. I found it's activity as - com.android.packageinstaller.permission.ui.ManagePermissionsActivity. Though I'm not sure if this is the right one.

Can anyone please help how to launch this activity directly? I tried the 'Send Intent' one but didn't work.

Marta Hintz

Mar 28, 2019, 10:34:13 AM3/28/19
to Tasker
Can't you use tasker launch app and select service from the bottom menu for the app?

João Dias

Mar 29, 2019, 5:47:03 AM3/29/19
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Send Intent should work :) Can you please export your task's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the task in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 2:34 PM Marta Hintz <lar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can't you use tasker launch app and select service from the bottom menu for the app?

Niyon S V

Mar 30, 2019, 2:31:47 PM3/30/19
to Tasker
Yes I tried early but didn't find it from that menu.

Niyon S V

Mar 30, 2019, 2:37:39 PM3/30/19
to Tasker
Oops, I always forget to provide the details ;)

This is the description:

Launch Play Services Permission Screen (46)
A1: Send Intent [ Action:com.android.packageinstaller.permission.ui.ManagePermissionsActivity Cat:None Mime Type: Data: Extra: Extra: Extra: Package: Class: Target:Activity ]

Is there anything wrong? I still don't know if this activity can launch that window.

João Dias

Niyon S V

Apr 1, 2019, 9:30:26 AM4/1/19
to Tasker
Thanks, but that didn't too work. Here's the new description.

Launch Play Services Permission Screen (46)

A1: Send Intent [ Action: Cat:None Mime Type: Data: Extra: Extra: Extra: Package:com.android.packageinstaller Class:com.android.packageinstaller.permission.ui.ManagePermissionsActivity Target:Activity ]

Is there anything still missing?

João Dias

Niyon S V

Apr 7, 2019, 1:41:58 AM4/7/19
to Tasker
Thanks for the reply. I got it from an app that shows the current activity - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.willme.topactivity.

João Dias

Niyon S V

Apr 12, 2019, 12:09:40 PM4/12/19
to Tasker
Okay, anyways thank you so much for the reply.

Now I'm using 'auto input' to trigger this:
1. When Google Pay app tapped..
2. Launch 'App Info' of Google Play Services
3. Taps 'Permissions'
4. Taps 'Phone'
5. Then taps the 'Deny Anyway' button on the dialog box

But here, the 'Phone' is not get clicked by the Auto Input. Instead it clicks the 'Microphone' label.

Can you please help on this?

Here's the details:

Test 6 (88)
A1: App Settings [ App:com.google.android.gms ]
A2: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Stored Action: Settings - 'Permissions' - Click Timeout (Seconds):23 ]
A3: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Stored Action: Package installer - 'Phone' - Click Timeout (Seconds):23 ]
A4: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Stored Action: Package installer - 'DENY ANYWAY' - Click Timeout (Seconds):23 ]

João Dias

Niyon S V

Apr 18, 2019, 1:05:22 AM4/18/19
to Tasker
Sure. Here's the link to the photos. https://photos.app.goo.gl/hC5nNm7CQcnvxBDk6 (Please tell if you can't access the link)

I've highlighted the steps in these screenshots. These are the steps I created.
1. Goes to Google Play Services Permission settings
2. Clicks Permissions
3. Clicks 'Phone' (but clicks 'Microphone')
4. Clicks 'Deny Anyway'

niy...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2019, 1:40:41 PM4/27/19
to Tasker
Hi, is there any problem with these steps?

João Dias

May 1, 2019, 10:34:19 AM5/1/19
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the late reply.

Try it this way:

    Test (2)
    A1: App Settings [ App:com.google.android.gms ]
    A2: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Text
    Value: Permissions
    Action : Click Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:1 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A4: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: List
    Value: 7

On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 6:40 PM <niy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, is there any problem with these steps?

niy...@gmail.com

May 4, 2019, 7:33:35 AM5/4/19
to Tasker
Wow thanks!! It worked. I tried to resolve this in many ways but didn't think this way. The position here was 8th (Phone) not 7th (Microphone), no problem I changed it.

But I still have one doubt, why the 'text value' won't work here even if it is set to 'Phone'? The 'Permissions' text value works but this don't, why?

João Dias

niy...@gmail.com

May 6, 2019, 7:11:53 PM5/6/19
to Tasker
😂😂.. I also thought about that, but also thought that it could be wrong.