Update existing notification + more notification buttons (remove 3 buttons limit)

Daniel Bartoníček

Sep 25, 2016, 4:48:06 PM9/25/16
to Tasker
Hi,

1) Would be possible to implement feature, that will allow update existing tasker notification?

I have notification with current network status and i have to destroy it and recreate it every time when i want to change something (wifi speed, IP etc...)
It have negative side effect that the new notification will flash as new notification every time when something change.
Or i want to click notification button and that notification disappear under my finger because task is updating it....

2) Would be possible to remove (or increase) the 3 button limit in notification?
I have very short-labeled buttons and they are squashed to the left side of the screen (android 7.0), so there is enough space for at least 3 more buttons.

thanks :)

Pent

Sep 26, 2016, 2:58:26 AM9/26/16
to Tasker

1) Would be possible to implement feature, that will allow update existing tasker notification?

I have notification with current network status and i have to destroy it and recreate it every time when i want to change something (wifi speed, IP etc...)
It have negative side effect that the new notification will flash as new notification every time when something change.
Or i want to click notification button and that notification disappear under my finger because task is updating it....

You can update everything about the notification without cancelling except its title.

2) Would be possible to remove (or increase) the 3 button limit in notification?
I have very short-labeled buttons and they are squashed to the left side of the screen (android 7.0), so there is enough space for at least 3 more buttons.

According to the Android documentation it's limited to 3. When I get the Nougat update
I will test it again.

Pent

Jay M

Sep 26, 2016, 3:36:06 AM9/26/16
to Tasker

Checkout the Autonotification plugin for more control of notifications, it can have 50+ buttons, supports html, notification interception and loads of other cool stuff.

Jay M ︻芫══一

Pent

Oct 30, 2016, 6:18:59 AM10/30/16
to Tasker
I have tested this with 7.0, I can't get more than 3 actions to show up, so I presume the plugin is doing it's own layout.

Pent