Music Play Loop / Lollipop

Mark J

Nov 20, 2014, 12:08:52 PM11/20/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I have noticed that since upgrading my nexus 7 to lollipop that the music play loop functionality seems to no longer work.  Is anyone else seeing a similar type problem?  The overall task functionality seems to work aside from this issue so I am wondering if there is some sort of permissions setting that needs to be changed?

Pent

Nov 23, 2014, 9:28:36 AM11/23/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes, can reproduce that, will try and find the problem.

Pent

Pent

Nov 23, 2014, 10:17:57 AM11/23/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Android bug unfortunately:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=77860

Will wait to see what they say before thinking about workarounds
etc.

Pent

Jakub

Nov 24, 2014, 9:49:23 PM11/24/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Workaround:

Open Developer options (click build number in About phone until it's unlocked in main menu),
disable "Use of NuPlayer (experimental)" - it's on by default and clearly has issue with looping.
I just turned it off and works fine again.

Pent

Nov 25, 2014, 2:08:53 AM11/25/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jakub, I should've suggested that after reading the bug report.

Pent

Christian Andrew

Feb 3, 2015, 7:54:13 PM2/3/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Workaround doesnt work for me. Running 5.02 with latest Tasker from Google Play.

With Nu Player enabled music plays though doesnt loop.

With Nu Player disabled. I receive an error after a couple of seconds of tasker trying to play the .wav file.

Abdullah Alahdal

Apr 11, 2015, 3:59:47 PM4/11/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
The workaround works fine here CM12.1 Unofficial for Note 3

Abdullah Alahdal

Apr 11, 2015, 4:48:21 PM4/11/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Update: However, this will make an endless loop for Play Ringtone.

To overcome, I replaced the play ringtone action with Music Playa action without loop.

Mischa Krilov

Jul 11, 2015, 9:19:00 PM7/11/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Pardon the thread necromancy, but is there any news on this bug?

Pent

Jul 12, 2015, 7:51:19 AM7/12/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, ros...@gmail.com
Since it's an Android bug, please refer to their bug tracker (link above in thread).

Pent

Mischa Krilov

Jul 12, 2015, 11:00:36 PM7/12/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, ros...@gmail.com
Thanks, Pent, I somehow missed that!

Note that in 5.1.1, the developer option Jakub mentioned now reads "Use AwesomePlayer (deprecated)" in the list. Turning it on allows my Tasker audio loop to behave as expected.

Pent

Jul 13, 2015, 3:24:10 AM7/13/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, ros...@gmail.com
Thanks for mentioning.

Pent

Saad Thahim

Sep 6, 2015, 9:39:36 AM9/6/15
to Tasker
I have similar problem, music doesn't plays, that option in dev options was already disabled.

what else should i do?

Mohamed Shiha

Oct 1, 2015, 8:18:58 PM10/1/15
to Tasker
Yes I have same problem in Nexus 7 Lollipop!!

Abdullah Alahdal

Nov 23, 2015, 4:51:28 PM11/23/15
to Tasker
Android 6 doesn't have the option in Developer Settings. Any other workaround?