WhatsApp auto send with sqlite3 - is it blocked by WhatsApp !?

itay peled

Nov 29, 2015, 4:13:23 AM11/29/15
to Tasker
Hi

I'm using for a while now an automatic tasks using sqlite3 commands (with run shell on rooted phone) to automate sending messages in Whatsapp.

In the last two weeks this method is no longer working for sending message to a groups. The message is recorded in Whatsapp but a clock icon appears next to it, and it won't send even hours later (in fact, after a while I receive a message from whatsapp saying that some of my messages couldn't send and if I want resend them).

I guess it is not working as Whatsapp are blocking this way (especially as it is only not working for a group).

Did anyone here ran into the same problem? or even better, have a work around (without having to turn the phone on, using DPAD/autoInput etc.)?

Thanks

John Doe

Nov 29, 2015, 4:57:16 AM11/29/15
to Tasker
Have you tried to reply using Notification Listener or AutoNotification?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

itay peled

Nov 29, 2015, 5:44:07 AM11/29/15
to Tasker
I'm not replying any message - I'm sending a message in the background, without opening whatsapp or even the phone screen.
How do you suggest doing it with AutoNotification?

Abdullah Alahdal

Nov 29, 2015, 9:26:51 AM11/29/15
to Tasker
Do you kill WhatsApp before the shell command and launch after it? I think you need to do that.

itay peled

Nov 30, 2015, 9:48:42 AM11/30/15
to Tasker
Up until two weeks ago it worked (for both group and single contacts). I kill the whatsapp process after using the sqlite3 commands.
Anyway, I tried also to kill before using the sqlite3 command but it didn't help as I anticipated.

It must be something that different for group as it still works for single contacts...

Haridesh Yadav

Jan 20, 2016, 7:20:37 AM1/20/16
to Tasker
Hello there....

I want to send a particular message to many contacts and that should be automatic. So will you plz elaborate what have u done a bit more.