[feature request] Allow more (event) contexts per profile

Jed Liu

Jan 19, 2017, 12:18:34 AM1/19/17
to Tasker
I just noticed that profiles can have at most four contexts, and at most three of which can be event contexts. Why this limitation? Just now, I tried to add a fourth event context to one of my profiles and found that I couldn't.

Cheers,
-Jed

Pent

Jan 19, 2017, 3:17:22 AM1/19/17
to Tasker

I just noticed that profiles can have at most four contexts, and at most three of which can be event contexts. Why this limitation? Just now, I tried to add a fourth event context to one of my profiles and found that I couldn't.

Event contexts are limited to one by their nature.

State contexts are limited to 3 for historical/technical reasons. If you need more,
create a new profile with the extra conditions and make one of the states of
the original profile a Profile Status state, specifying the new profile.

Pent

Graphic

Jan 19, 2017, 4:05:09 AM1/19/17
to Tasker
If a context you need has an internal Global Variable and it can be used in a context you can make has many conditions you want to achieve it.
I have profiles that use 2 contexts (even 3) and one of them is Variable Set.
Inside Variable Set i have up to 5 conditions (or more), so i'm actually using 6 contexts.

Jed Liu

Jan 19, 2017, 10:44:49 AM1/19/17
to Tasker
Right, I meant state contexts, not event contexts. Sorry for the confusion.

Linking in a new profile to add more states is a workaround, but the drawback is that unless you are careful, you no longer fully benefit from Tasker's power optimization (documented here).

-Jed