How to enable/disable profile by another profile?

Umut Yasar

May 3, 2016, 4:53:13 PM5/3/16
to Tasker
I'm kind of new to tasker and my problem is overlapping profiles. I have one profile which is using cell towers to find location of my school and turn the volume off. An another to turn the volume on when I plug headset in. But while I listen to music with headset the volume automatically turns on but when I get into the school location, school profile turns the volume off whenever the cell towers change.

So, how can I make headset profile disables school profile and when I plug out the headset enable school profile (turn off the volume)?

Rich D

May 3, 2016, 7:59:00 PM5/3/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

I have one profile which is using cell towers to find location of my school and turn the volume off. An another to turn the volume on when I plug headset in.

You just need to add a
context / tasker / profile active :'your headset profile' / invert.
To your school profile.

To add a context - long press the first context.

This will only let you school profile go active when you headset profile is 'not' active

Within the profile active edit screen you can use the mag glass to select your school profile.

You will also have to make sure your school profile has a user given name. This would be the name you chose for the profile when you created it. If you did not choose a name tasker assigns one to it.

To rename the profile -- long press the profile name.

Dale Smith

May 4, 2016, 5:40:19 AM5/4/16
to Tasker
Just so not to confuse you but the context is found at context /event/tasker/profile active.

Rich D

May 4, 2016, 5:46:47 AM5/4/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> Just so not to confuse you but the context is found at context /event/tasker/profile active.

Thanks for the clarification Dale,  Perhaps we can get it correct on the third try...  :)

context /state /tasker/profile active

Umut Yasar

May 5, 2016, 12:17:44 PM5/5/16
to Tasker