How to catch volume key silence Ringer?

Necro mancer

Aug 31, 2015, 12:22:25 AM8/31/15
to Tasker
I have a profile that repeats the Caller name while the phone is ringing.

Sometimes I use the volume keys to silence the ringer (push once), but profile keeps saying the caller name over Ringer stream, so its stops the ringtone without temporarily sets the ringer volume to 0.

So my question is simple - is there a way to know if the ringer was silenced using a volume key during incoming call?
So I can stop my caller name profile as well.

Rich D

Aug 31, 2015, 5:46:56 AM8/31/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> I have a profile that repeats the Caller name while the phone is ringing.
>
> Sometimes I use the volume keys to silence the ringer (push once), but profile keeps saying the caller name over Ringer stream

Are you sure it is playing on the ringer stream?

, so its stops the ringtone without temporarily sets the ringer volume to 0.

This part is not clear.

> So my question is simple - is there a way to know if the ringer was silenced using a volume key during incoming call?

You should be able to test %VOLR

> So I can stop my caller name profile as well.

It is always easier to help if you post all relevant profile descriptions.

To post your profile or task here...  Long press on the profile or task name / ( 3 dot menu with 4.0+ ) export / export "DESCRIPTION" to clipboard (not XML)

Any linked tasks will be exported with the profile they are linked to..

To be able to export, The beginner mode needs to be off and the profile needs to be named by you (Not the Tasker listed name.  Tasker will list your profile with the context name if you have not given it one).

Necro mancer

Aug 31, 2015, 9:22:39 AM8/31/15
to Tasker
I guess I wasnt clear.
Yes, my profile streams to the ringer, otherwise it wouldn't work with the ringtone.

I *assumed* that when a volume key was pressed during ringing, the volume Ringer lowers to 0 and that's how it silences the ringtone. But that's not the case since my profile, that streams to Ringer continue to be heard.

So I guess Android system knows to stop the ringtone stream when a volume key is pressed.

Profile: Repeat Caller Name2 (101)
Event: Phone Ringing [ Caller:* ]
Enter: Repeat Caller Name2 (104)
A1: Say [ Text:%CNAME Engine:Voice:default:default Stream:2 Pitch:5 Speed:5 Respect Audio Focus:Off Network:Off Continue Task Immediately:Off Continue Task After Error:On ] If [ %CNAME !~ %CNUM & %Ringing eq 1 & %Cignore eq 0 ]
A2: Say [ Text:Unknown Engine:Voice:default:default Stream:2 Pitch:5 Speed:5 Respect Audio Focus:Off Network:Off Continue Task Immediately:Off Continue Task After Error:On ] If [ %CNAME ~ %CNUM & %Ringing eq 1 & %Cignore eq 0 ]
A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:2 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ] If [ %Ringing eq 1 ]
A4: Goto [ Type:Action Number Number:1 Label: ] If [ %Ringing eq 1 ]