Problem with Open Map action

Dale Smith

May 20, 2018, 7:25:44 AM5/20/18
to Tasker
The "Navigate to" option warns that it cannot be used with zooming but there is no setting that can be set to use option. Work around is to create global variable equal to zero then use the variable as the zoom value.

Dale Smith

May 21, 2018, 4:55:29 AM5/21/18
to Tasker
I can't figure out how to get the screen shot into this post.

Dale Smith

May 22, 2018, 10:37:31 AM5/22/18
to Tasker
Screen shot of Tasker error message is posted on AutoApps forum. Here's the export.

Goto (101)
<GPS on>
A1: Perform Task [ Name:GPS Toggle Priority:%priority + 1 Parameter 1 (%par1): Parameter 2 (%par2): Return Value Variable: Stop:Off ] If [ %GPS ~ off ]
A2: Variable Set [ Name:%Zoom To:0 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:On Append:Off ]
A3: Get Voice [ Title:Address input Language Model:Free Form Language: Maximum Results:1 Timeout (Seconds):30 ]
A4: Variable Set [ Name:%voice To:%VOICE Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A5: Open Map [ Mode:Navigate To Address:%voice Lat,Long: Zoom:%Zoom Label: ]

Dale Smith

May 23, 2018, 4:42:32 AM5/23/18
to Tasker
Ok never mind. I just tried creating another Open Map action and got no zoom error message. No idea why I got one the first time.

João Dias

May 23, 2018, 4:48:28 AM5/23/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Glad it worked out! :)

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 9:42 AM Dale Smith <dales...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok never mind. I just tried creating another Open Map action and got no zoom error message. No idea why I got one the first time.

Dale Smith

May 24, 2018, 10:07:28 AM5/24/18
to Tasker
I was able to duplicate the bug. If you set up a Point Open Map action with zoom and exit then try to change it to Navigate To the zoom error message happens. The action cannot be edited to Navigate To after initially edited to a Point. Work around is to create new action from scratch.

João Dias

May 25, 2018, 4:37:28 AM5/25/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Very weird! I wasn't able to do that... I set the zoom, exited the action, went in again, changed to Navigate to and it still worked....

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 3:07 PM Dale Smith <dales...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was able to duplicate the bug. If you set up a Point Open Map action with zoom  and exit then try to change it to Navigate To the zoom error message happens. The action cannot be edited to Navigate To after initially edited to a Point. Work around is to create new action from scratch.

Dale Smith

May 26, 2018, 4:26:00 AM5/26/18
to Tasker
This is the kind of thing that when you find out what's going on you say "Oh yeah that's only thing that could make it do that." You have too much on your plate already. I'm willing to move on to other things if you are.

João Dias

May 28, 2018, 6:20:08 AM5/28/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much :D Appreciate it!