DATE - Format in englisch (month-day-year)

francwalter

Feb 8, 2016, 5:50:01 PM2/8/16
to Tasker
Hallo
I use a German Android version, CM12.1.

Last week I made a clean reinstall of CM12.1 on my SGS4. Now the format of %DATE is month-day-year, e.g. 02-08-2016.
Before it was day-month-year, which is German style, e.g. 08-02-2016.
This change breaks some of my tasks, when I do a split.
What could I do to repair this?
I don't find any setting in Android to do day-month-year, what did I oversee?
Thank's

Frank

Pent

Feb 9, 2016, 2:54:35 AM2/9/16
to Tasker
There used to be an Android Setting for date format, looking on my marshmallow
device it seems to have disappeared, presumably the format is being set purely
based on the selected language now.

I think in 12.1 you should still be able to set the format, see Android Date / Time
settings.

Pent

francwalter

Feb 9, 2016, 4:30:50 AM2/9/16
to Tasker
Damnid! I have not these settings.
Is it possible that CM12.1 thinks that if I have tasker in English that DATE format comes English too?
This was not before in CM12.1, I wonder.
But maybe because I updated from 12.0, don't know.

Pent

Feb 9, 2016, 7:41:49 AM2/9/16
to Tasker
No, the setting in Tasker should have no effect on global device settings.

You have language set to German or English in system settings ?

Pent
Message has been deleted

francwalter

Feb 9, 2016, 10:04:51 AM2/9/16
to Tasker
In CM12.1 I set it to German in tasker it is English.

francwalter

Feb 9, 2016, 11:47:49 AM2/9/16
to Tasker
This morning I found another task not working, where I use Variable Convert > Date Time to Seconds.
It is no problem if the format stays weirdly English now, then I will rewrite the tasks where the DATE format is used, but I fear that someday it will work again as expected, German DATE format because set to German in os, then I will again need to rewrite all this tasks.

This morning my timer didn't work. I use it to boil soft eggs ;)

Pent

Feb 9, 2016, 1:39:23 PM2/9/16
to Tasker

In CM12.1 I set it to German in tasker it is English.

Odd, I would've expected German style. Maybe there's somewhere a pref in CM settings...
or it's not a release version of the ROM you have ?

You could try setting Tasker lang to German to see what happens.

Pent

francwalter

Feb 10, 2016, 6:30:24 AM2/10/16
to Tasker
Ah ja.
German it is "10.02.2016"
Totally different.
So I will live with English new and "non default" format and the hope that it never re change again ;)
My guess is that this format now is the "real" English format now and only my factory reset made this.

rayson

Feb 13, 2016, 4:28:42 AM2/13/16
to Tasker
Isn't this is a CM bug?

Although this thread is for a different device have you tried the fixes suggested here?

http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/109513-date-format-bug/

francwalter

Feb 16, 2016, 4:04:46 PM2/16/16
to Tasker

I am not using this old nightlies, I am on the last nightly from 26.12.2016

I did now this task for global date format in Tasker:

TimeTagExample (449)

<Datum teilen>
    A1
: Variable Split [ Name:%DATE Splitter:- Delete Base:Off ]

<Uhrzeit teilen>
    A2
: Variable Split [ Name:%TIME Splitter:. Delete Base:Off ]

<Sekunden>
    A3
: Variable Set [ Name:%seconds To:%TIMES % 60 Do Maths:On Append:Off ]
    A4
: Variable Set [ Name:%0var To:0 Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A5
: If [ %seconds < 10 ]
    A6
: Variable Set [ Name:%seconds To:%0var%seconds Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A7
: End If

<Tag>
    A8
: Variable Set [ Name:%day To:%DATE2 Do Maths:On Append:Off ]
    A9
: If [ %day < 10 ]
    A10
: Variable Set [ Name:%day To:%0var%day Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A11
: End If

<Monat>
    A12
: Variable Set [ Name:%month To:%DATE1 Do Maths:On Append:Off ]
    A13
: If [ %month < 10 ]
    A14
: Variable Set [ Name:%month To:%0var%month Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A15
: End If
    A16
: Variable Set [ Name:%datetag To:%DATE3-%month-%day Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A17
: Variable Set [ Name:%timetag To:%DATE3-%month-%day_%TIME1.%TIME2.%seconds Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A18
: Variable Set [ Name:%tvar To:T Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A19
: Variable Set [ Name:%zvar To:Z Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A20
: Variable Set [ Name:%timetaggps To:<time>%DATE3-%month-%day%tvar%TIME1:%TIME2:%seconds%zvar</time> Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A21
: Return [ Value:%timetag Stop:Off ] If [ %par1 eq timetag ]
    A22
: Return [ Value:%timetaggps Stop:Off ] If [ %par1 eq timetaggps ]
    A23
: Return [ Value:%datetag Stop:On ] If [ %par1 eq datetag ]

whereever I need the right time tag I just call this task and get it from return.
If ever the time format will change again, I jus fix this task and I am gone.

Should be enough like this.

frank

francwalter

Feb 16, 2016, 4:12:51 PM2/16/16
to Tasker
But I still have the question: what does Tasker should give as date format when the device is english (and Tasker too)?

Is it (e.g. for 9th december 2016) like this 12-9-2016? Or like this: 12-09-2016?

The missing second digit ("0") when only one digit (1-9) is the most amazing thing that changed and that makes the most problems, as I have to put a "0" (a string) to it with an if-clause.

Thank's