App Creation "Required Plugins" - untick ?

Marcus Warrington

Feb 18, 2015, 10:00:10 AM2/18/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to use Tasker factory to build an installation apk of a Tasker script I have written. The script references 4 different plugins BUT only uses one of them based on a configuration setting meaning that it is NOT required to actually have all 4 different plugins installed at the same time. The script has a separate Task for each plugin and only calls the appropriate one at runtime. The scripts configuration screen will only allow the user to select a valid plugin based on installed plugins at runtime.

My problem is that Tasker factory seems to be insistent that all 4 plugins must be installed at installation time. When I build the app it shows all 4 plugins as "Required Plugins"  with read-only ticks at the side of them (I can not untick any of them) ?

Marcus

Pent

Feb 18, 2015, 10:23:33 AM2/18/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Try a search.

Pent

Marcus Warrington

Feb 18, 2015, 3:53:05 PM2/18/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Mmm, Spent the last couple of days searching for an answer to this... amazing how changing just one search term can yield results.

So the answer is that it's not possible to do this currently.

I wonder if its possible to do this manually by editing the manifest file and resigning?

I'm already looking at this technique in an attempt to include some HTML/JavaScript pages in the apk. I use these as a configuration page in a webview.

Pent

Feb 19, 2015, 2:42:00 AM2/19/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Mmm, Spent the last couple of days searching for an answer to this... amazing how changing just one search term can yield results.

Also amazing how useless the forum search is considering it's run by Google :-)

So the answer is that it's not possible to do this currently.

I wonder if its possible to do this manually by editing the manifest file and resigning?

The manifest is binary in the APK, but there are tools if you're determined.

Pent

Marcus Warrington

Feb 19, 2015, 4:43:52 AM2/19/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I'll look into the "hacking" of the APK's manifest as I also need a way of including extra resource (zip file).

Pent, do you have any plans to include the option to un-tick "required plugin" or to include extra resources in an APK ?

Pent

Feb 19, 2015, 8:15:28 AM2/19/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I 'hope' for both of them sometime, making required plugins an option is most likely
to happen in a reasonable time frame.

Pent

Pent

May 19, 2015, 9:36:33 AM5/19/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, crafty...@gmail.com

I've implemented unchecking plugins in the latest beta (see top of forum).

Would be great if you could test it before I release it.

Pent

Marcus Warrington

May 19, 2015, 11:31:19 AM5/19/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update Pent.

Marcus Warrington

May 20, 2015, 3:57:00 AM5/20/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Installed the beta and it worked in so far as I can now untick the components and the resulting apk will install. Unfortunately my installed program then doesn't work but that's probably my script/exe so I need to investigate further.

Pent

May 21, 2015, 4:57:43 AM5/21/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, marcus.j....@gmail.com

Installed the beta and it worked in so far as I can now untick the components and the resulting apk will install. Unfortunately my installed program then doesn't work but that's probably my script/exe so I need to investigate further.

You need to use e.g. App / Test App to check whether the package of the plugin is installed or not before attempting to use it.

Pent

Marcus Warrington

May 22, 2015, 6:15:24 AM5/22/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I'm already doing that in the script and it works fine. The issue originally was that factory forced me to install the "missing" plugins. After your fix I can now compile up and install without being told I have missing plugins but when my app gives a "unfortunately app has stopped" message. I need to add some flash message to see were it's going wrong.