Alarm Clock Event - not working

MisoM

Oct 31, 2017, 4:58:27 AM10/31/17
to Tasker
Hi,

I am using tasker on my device Xiaomi Mi4c, I am using MIUI 9, ver 7.10.26 but I have problem after last update MIUI with tasker. After update ti versiou 7.10.26 profile with event "Alarm Clock" not working. I do not know why, and where is the problem.

I try after when I install update, instal AutoInput and AutoShare plugin, too at the same time. I try install apk SecureTask, too Aplication SecureTask I uninstall after few minutes.

Can you help me? Where is the problem.... Why event Alarm clock not working ...

Miso

Pent

Oct 31, 2017, 5:54:58 AM10/31/17
to Tasker
Google updated their alarm app at some point so it doesn't send the signal it used to.

I need to find time to see if there's a different way to do it.

Pent

MisoM

Oct 31, 2017, 6:24:27 AM10/31/17
to Tasker
ok, thanks for the reply.

Dňa utorok, 31. októbra 2017 10:54:58 UTC+1 Pent napísal(-a):

Don Dowdle

Nov 1, 2017, 4:05:58 PM11/1/17
to Tasker
I captured the android.app.action.NEXT_ALARM_CLOCK_CHANGED intent and could get a tasker event based on the time using a java function to get the time, but i couldn't get it to be reliable because of 2 reasons. 1. the timing of the alarm actually going off fired NEXT_ALARM_CLOCK_CHANGED which messed up the variable i had set previously, i added some kind of delay to help with this, but then problem 2. was that i couldn't figure our any way to tell at all how/if the alarm was dismissed..

MisoM

Nov 1, 2017, 4:27:53 PM11/1/17
to Tasker
Hmmm ... It is not very good news ..

Chance, that Google repair this problem, is probably not great?  ...

Dňa streda, 1. novembra 2017 21:05:58 UTC+1 Don Dowdle napísal(-a):

John Doe

Nov 4, 2017, 6:13:34 AM11/4/17
to Tasker
Starting from android 8, implicit broadcast are deprecated with some exception, I think it's the reason why Google is starting to remove them. The best thing you can do is to start using an app with direct Tasker integration like alarmpad or clocktask or any other tasker plugin of this category.
Message has been deleted

MisoM

Nov 4, 2017, 6:29:07 AM11/4/17
to Tasker
Thank for tip, maybe it is the way.
I do not know this Tasker plugin, but I can try them. I think, that clocktask is only plugin for tasker, or not?

Dňa sobota, 4. novembra 2017 11:13:34 UTC+1 John Doe napísal(-a):

Joey K

Nov 7, 2017, 12:40:01 AM11/7/17
to Tasker
Just wanted to mention that I'm having a similar issue. The "Alarm Clock" event never fires, but "Alarm Done" works properly. Is there any way to get the alarm name/label/message from "Alarm Done" so I can check which alarm was dismissed?

MisoM

Nov 7, 2017, 12:46:17 AM11/7/17
to Tasker
I started to try "Wake me up" alarm application. Ther is direct support for tasker event, whne alarm clock fire, missed ...

Dňa utorok, 7. novembra 2017 6:40:01 UTC+1 Joey K napísal(-a):

LicanLizard

Nov 11, 2017, 4:55:18 AM11/11/17
to Tasker
Buenas, a mi me pasa lo mismo con un Nexus 5 y Google Clock, pero si borras y desactivas las actualizaciones de la aplicacion relog y la dejas en la verison  vieja Google Clock 4.0.1. El problema se arregla y funciona el evento.

Hello, the same thing happens to me with a Nexus 5 and Google Clock. But if you erase and disable the updates of the clock application and leave it in the old verison Google Clock 4.0.1. The problem is fixed and the event works.

Victoria Gu

Nov 15, 2017, 3:35:02 AM11/15/17
to Tasker
A similar issue here.
I'm using Tasker on my Samsung Galaxy S8+, Android 7.0.
'Alarm Clock' works, but 'Alarm Done' dosen't.

Alexander Graetz

Nov 15, 2017, 3:50:26 AM11/15/17
to Tasker
On Wednesday, 1 November 2017 21:05:58 UTC+1, Don Dowdle wrote:
> I captured the android.app.action.NEXT_ALARM_CLOCK_CHANGED intent and could get a tasker event based on the time using a java function to get the time, but i couldn't get it to be reliable because of 2 reasons. 1. the timing of the alarm actually going off fired NEXT_ALARM_CLOCK_CHANGED which messed up the variable i had set previously, i added some kind of delay to help with this, but then problem 2. was that i couldn't figure our any way to tell at all how/if the alarm was dismissed...

Don I am doing it this way. The java you're using returns 0 of there isn't an alarm set or something in the future. Both of which you can use for some if/than/else.

Alexander Graetz

Nov 15, 2017, 3:59:15 AM11/15/17
to Tasker
But be aware that NEXT_ALARM_CLOCK_CHANGED seems to fire often randomly without any (obvious?) change of the alarm by the user. You have to account for this too. To be sure the alarm changed, you can just compare the new returned value with the last one if they are equal or not.

Don Dowdle

Nov 15, 2017, 8:13:59 AM11/15/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I got most of that working, but I couldn't tell when the alarm was turned off, nor could I figure out an easy intuitive way to turn alarm off via tasker. I tried making a form, but I couldn't figure out a way for it to be on top of the alarm that is currently going off(the one I want to dismiss)