RSS-torrent download from tracker requiring login

Bradley Rimbléus

Jul 13, 2013, 7:53:21 PM7/13/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to get automatic RSS-downloading from a private tracker (torrentbytes.net) to work. None of the torrent apps I've tried (ttorrent, utorrent) are able to do it, due to authentication cookies. In ttorrent I can add the RSS-feed and they show up listed but when trying to download I get "the torrent file is corrupt" message. I have tried first logging in to my account on the tracker via web browser.

Could this be solved with Taskers RSS function? How?

If not an idea I had was tasker logging in to the site with account info, going to the url for X show, for example:
http://www.torrentbytes.net/browse.php?search=Dexter&cat=33&sc=1
which is Dexter Standard Definition, and downloading the newest torrent into ttorrents incoming directory (automatically downloads all .torrent files put into it).

Relevant info:

For RSS-downloading to work on utorrent on the computer with torrentbytes one have to retrieve the passkey and uid from the site's cookie in webbrowsers cache. Then these two has to be added to the RSS-feedlink. I copied this link which works on computer into ttorrent, but still get the corrupt message.

Dev of ttorrent wrote this in a mail:

Yes, you are right, private rss feeds are not working now with the
app. The same applies to downloading private torrents. You have to use
the browser to save the torrent files. This is because the browser cookies are not accessible from other
apps, like on pc.