Wrong version of key store.

Patrik Zwahlen

Dec 6, 2013, 2:44:25 PM12/6/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
When I want to export an app then everything up to point 16. "sign APG" works fine.

But then I receive two errors:
error: sign: Wrong version of key store.
error: failed
Cancelled

Has anybody got an idea? Thanks, Patrik.

Pent

Dec 7, 2013, 3:34:50 AM12/7/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

error: sign: Wrong version of key store.

Sure that's the exact error ?

Which Tasker version ? Which Android ROM version and device ?

Pent

Zwahlen Patrik

Dec 7, 2013, 4:37:36 AM12/7/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hello Pent, sorry for being so unprecise.

Samsung Galaxy S3, GT-I9300
Android: 4.1.2
ROM: Omega, v50.1
Kernel: 3.0.31-1326617
Tasker: 4.2u3

I hope this shows you my problem. Thank you however for reacting so quickly. Patrik.

Pent

Dec 8, 2013, 2:16:18 AM12/8/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure the error you reported is the exact wording which appears on the screen ?

Pent

Zwahlen Patrik

Dec 8, 2013, 4:17:46 AM12/8/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hello Pent

After "Exporting to App" the following excact wording is displayed on the screen:

1. prepare directory
2. unpack factory assets
3. decompress factory assets
4. shrink unneeded files
5. convert drawables to builtin
6. pre-prune package files
7. generate resource sources
8. store project data
9. write source manifest
10. create binary manifest
11. access new manifest
12. post-prune package files
13. store SL4A scripts
14. store JavaScripts
15. package APK
16. sign APG
error: sign: Wrong version of key store.
error: failed
Cancelled

This is the text which is displayed. I hope this the answer you are looking for. Patrik.

Pent

Dec 8, 2013, 5:47:42 AM12/8/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

error: sign: Wrong version of key store.

Looking in the source, that's coming from the signing library.

Did you generate your keystore via Tasker ? Or let it generate one for you ?
Or get one from somewhere else ?

Pent

Zwahlen Patrik

Dec 8, 2013, 5:50:15 AM12/8/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Hello Pent

I am afraid but I am a novice. I wanted only to setup a simple script. I was looking where I could alter a “keystore” but I did not even find where I could change this. In other words I did not generate anything nor anybody gave me a hand.

2013/12/8 Pent <crafty...@gmail.com>

Pent

Dec 8, 2013, 7:04:25 AM12/8/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I am afraid but I am a novice. I wanted only to setup a simple script. I was looking where I could alter a “keystore” but I did not even find where I could change this. In other words I did not generate anything nor anybody gave me a hand.

Then you'll be using the auto-generated keystore.

I'm sorry I can't explain it, and when I find things I can't explain (and no-one else is reporting) where the
user has a custom ROM installed I'm afraid I usually blame the ROM.

Pent

Zwahlen Patrik

Dec 8, 2013, 7:14:13 AM12/8/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Hello Pent

Honestly speaking I would do the same :-)

Nevertheless your answer brought me to the solution. I look up your online help (which is set up very nicly, indeed) and generated a key – and it works :-)))

Thanks for your scepticism – it is always possible to learn if you really want!

Thanks a lot, Patrik.

2013/12/8 Pent <crafty...@gmail.com>

Pent

Dec 8, 2013, 10:47:58 AM12/8/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Nevertheless your answer brought me to the solution. I look up your online help (which is set up very nicly, indeed) and generated a key – and it works :-)))

I thought about suggesting that, but couldn't imagine how it could help :-)

Alls well that ends well.

Pent
Message has been deleted

Sal Lusso

Jun 22, 2016, 9:55:50 AM6/22/16
to Tasker
Sorry to bring this back to life after 2-1/2 years, but I have the same error on a stock ROM.

I have an app that I could build on my Samsung S4 Mini, but when I try to build the same app on a different phone/environment, it fails with the "error: sign: Wrong version of key store." error:
Samsung Galaxy S Advance, GT-I9070
Android: 4.1.2
Kernel: 3.0.31-1122398
Tasker/App Factory: 4.8u5

One possibly helpful thing I noticed is that no file is generated at /Tasker/factory/keystore.auto during the process.

Pent

Jun 22, 2016, 10:22:15 AM6/22/16
to Tasker
Did you try the solution of the OP ?

Pent
Message has been deleted

Sal Lusso

Jun 22, 2016, 1:57:00 PM6/22/16
to Tasker
I did try that afterward, and that works, but I am not sure why I had to do it on this device whereas before it worked without. So I posted the question in case it would lead to a better solution.

Thanks.