Need access to settings for different operating system versions

Steve Rothkin

Jun 29, 2015, 9:37:21 PM6/29/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I just got my 1st lollipop device (Nexus 6, stock lollipop 5.1.1) and I'm working on changing my tasker settings (especially for volumes and vibration) to work properly in lollipop.

The tasks are for use on 4 different devices, each with different android versions. The other 3 devices are pre-lollipop. I'll be maintaining them on the lollipop device.

I need a way of being able to set the correct settings for the older devices. I was going to put them in conditionals with %SDK > 20 guarding the lollipop (and higher) settings and %SDK < 21 guarding the pre-lollipop settings. But tasker is being too smart for what I need here and preventing me from accessing settings that apply to the older OSes but not lollipop.