Pushbullet HTTP Post

Adam Slomko

Feb 5, 2014, 11:57:38 AM2/5/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know how to use HTTP Post to send somethign through pushbullet?  I looked at the api, but I can't figure out how to authenticate the POST through the data section.  I keep getting response code 401 error in authentication.

CazMaz

Feb 8, 2014, 4:17:16 PM2/8/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

Using Taskers HTTP POST

server:port = https://api.pushbullet.com/api/pushes //the port is not needed unless requested by PushBullet, I didn't see it.

skip down to Data/File and enter each parameter on it's own line within the data/File box.

device_iden = IDEN //your IDEN # according to PushBullet, the device this push is to be routed to
under the line device_iden=YourDeviceIDEN // I would not have any spaces
enter type=note or whatever is the type
then on a new line enter
title=thetitle
then on a new line enter
body=the text of the message //don't know about spaces needing to be replaced by +'s or %20's
follow the formats below for the different types, note, link, address, list, file, etc.
if type = note title = The title of the note body = The note's body if type = link title = The title of the page linked to url = The link url if type = address name = The name of the place at the address address = The full address or Google Maps query if type = list title = The title of the list items = The list items if type = file file = The file to push
 type = The type of push this is

Not sure about the Content Type, but PB is expecting that in the data.
I copied some of this from the PushBullet site. They had typical code snippets, but nothing to tell you how to use them in tasker, and why would they.

Hope this gets you going in the right direction.
CazMaz

Adam Slomko

Feb 8, 2014, 4:22:54 PM2/8/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much, I have all of that but there is still a parameter for the API, but I can't figure out the right parameter to use.  So I keep on getting 401 error in authentication.

Adam Slomko

Feb 8, 2014, 4:34:30 PM2/8/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Looking a little more at the pushbullet API and the pushover api (i can do pushover through tasker), it looks like it can't be done because pushbullet uses the username (-u) command, which can't be sent through tasker on an https post.  Pushover uses username as a format data entry (-f)

Adam Slomko

Feb 8, 2014, 4:38:39 PM2/8/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Scratch that, I'm an idiot, I just needed to to https://[api_key]:@api.pushbullet.com/api/pushes

Handy Trisakti

Feb 19, 2014, 6:15:52 PM2/19/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
wow this is so cool..
would you mind posting some of ur work here .. (screenshot or tasker steps)
about sending tasker notification to pushbullet to different devices

thanx..

Adam Slomko

Feb 19, 2014, 10:17:02 PM2/19/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Well actually I'm saving up for autoremote and going to use that when I feel like spending $5. So right now I'm using autoremote light to send 2 letter messages and using pushbullet to send back a response such as what song is currently playing on my phone or how much battery life is left. I'm sure there are more things to do with it. But that's it for me for now. Recieve message from autoremote light and respond with what I want to know.

Nick Mowen

Aug 29, 2015, 4:57:25 PM8/29/15
to Tasker
Sorry to reply to this post after it not being active for a while but I need some help. I was able to get the pushing of a note to work, but I want to be able to send an sms using tasker and the pushbullet api. The sms documentation is found here. Any help is much appreciated.

John Loh

Nov 16, 2017, 11:58:45 PM11/16/17
to Tasker
I am struggling into this now, trying to push a simple note using pushbullet API in Tasker.

but with no luck, it doesn't work! anyone has got it to work?