Reliable alarms

Maurizio Fabiani

Jun 13, 2017, 12:02:31 PM6/13/17
to Tasker
I noticed that using greenify aggressive doze with nougat and tasker i get a very long battery life if i have reliable alarms disabled as i get hours of doze, while, having reliable alarms enabled, doze is reduced only to few minutes.
Is there an alternative method to the reliable alarms enabled so we can run Tasker softly and securely and simultaneously have a longer battery life? Has anybaody else experimented this?

Pent

Jun 13, 2017, 1:17:27 PM6/13/17
to Tasker
There are some things the user can do:

- increase the Display Off check time in Monitor prefs
- look in Menu / More / Run Log to see if you have something regulary going on
causing Tasker to set an alarm

There are some things I can do:

- there are some internal optimisations I can make because when Tasker was designed,
setting an alarm was 'free' in terms of battery usage
- I could add a couple of options to the Reliable Alarms menu: Between Times
(only use reliable alarms between specific times, for the beginners) and When Variable Set
so the user could control it dynamically (or alternatively, control with the Set
Tasker Pref action)

I have not got round to doing the first one despite wanting to for a long time. The
second one I just thought of in the bath this evening.

Apart from those, You Can't Have Your Cake And Eat It. Precise alarms will
cause more battery to be used because they can't be lumped together with
alarms from other apps and the OS, amongst other things.

Pent

p.s. I assume you've whitelisted Tasker in the OS settings, but that it's still
not reliable without the reliable alarms setting

Maurizio Fabiani

Jun 13, 2017, 2:21:28 PM6/13/17
to Tasker

Ok thanks Pent... I think every option that will avoid waste of battery will be accepted.. for now I will try to use your advices, waiting for your improvements...

Sean Williams

Jun 21, 2017, 8:52:14 AM6/21/17
to Tasker
When Variable Set
so the user could control it dynamically (or alternatively, control with the Set
Tasker Pref action)

Maybe a useful addition would be 'Test Tasker / Preference / Reliable Alarms'.

I don't think there is a way to do this currently.